Search results

1. Phil E

Law reference for foul play penalties priority

From your initial description I am going to penalise Red 14 for throwing the ball away, because that's what started it all. From your initial description what follows is a lot of pushing and cuddling, so that's just a warning and stick with the original offence. If however a punch is thrown by...
  2. Phil E

Jumper Dummy Throw

The law says "as soon as the ball is won". Make of that what you will.
  3. Phil E

Jumper Dummy Throw

No. not saying that, what he can't do is be held up there with the ball, because he cant be touched while he is in the air, so just holding him in the air with the ball isn't allowed. Either he passes away from the top, straight away. Or gets brought back down to ground, with the ball, straight...
  4. Phil E

Jumper Dummy Throw

If he is dummying the throw then he probably isn't conforming to Law 18.29.c 29. Once the lineout has commenced, any player in the lineout may : C: Lift or support a team-mate. Players who do so must lower that player to the ground safely as soon as the ball is won by either team. Sanction...
  5. Phil E

Statistics help required

So am I best sticking to the way I am doing it now and throwing out any clubs with less than a certain number of games, maybe 2? Or do I throw out the highest and lowest scores for each club, like they do in scoring ice skating?
  6. Phil E

Statistics help required

Could do with a little help if anyone is into statistics? We have a trophy for the club that looks after referees the best each season. Every game is marked out of 4, under ten headings. i.e. Welcome and post match hospitality, marked 1 to 4 Changing room and shower facilities, 1-4, etc To...
  7. Phil E

Where are you this weekend - 2023/24?

Cup game this weekend. Leek v Walsall. Last weekends cup game I forgot to check the regs, and it ended in a draw with the final conversion after time. Collected coaches and captains together and borrowed a phone to look up the regulations for a draw. Team with most Tries won (4 - 5). This...
  8. Phil E

Headline news or hidden away?

Does no conviction mean no criminal record, or no jail time?
  9. Phil E

Headline news or hidden away?

No conviction, but... "A Brisbane troll has been fined $1000 and given a 12-month good behaviour bond for sending “vile and toxic” online abuse in a drunken rage to a Rugby World Cup match official and his family."
  10. Phil E

Orange Card?

In my experience, across several societies/CB's in the UK. I usually equate a "blazer" as a member of the committee, or a club official. At some clubs a committee member may meet and greet you, buy you a drink after the game, but will usually be conspicuous by their absence if anything kicks...
  11. Phil E

Orange Card?

The home team Captain.
  12. Phil E

Tackle height stuff

(In RFU Land) if the tackler leads with the head he is liable to penalty. Law 9.11 now says... Players must no do anything that is reckless or dangerous to others including leading with the head, shoulder, elbow or forearm, or jumping into or over an opponent. The bits in red are the DLV...
  13. Phil E

Referee advice ....

Is it any different to saying (at the end of a game)...if you kick the penalty straight out you get a lineout. If you tap it first its game over.
  14. Phil E

Orange Card?

Sounds like a great idea, especially if they were recorded and if a club receives too many it gets sanctioned in some way.
  15. Phil E

FRA v SA - A French Perspective

Worked with them in Sierra Leone. "Mandatory Space Filler", wouldn't let me delete my post without putting something in there.
  16. Phil E

Where are you this weekend - 2023/24?

Are some of the blokes on the balcony stood in a hole?
  17. Phil E

World Rugby phased plan to grow the sport

@didds so the red carded player wont come back on.
  18. Phil E

World Rugby phased plan to grow the sport

I thought that the red carded player stayed off all game, but they could bring a sub on after 20 minutes. Have I got that wrong?
  19. Phil E

So when is Rassie Erasmus gong to get sanctioned for coaching on the field?

I think you will find it is his technique.