10 common nutritioinal mistakes....

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
So why should anyone believe this Dr, and who died and made him God on nutrition?
Just like every single other nutritional article ever written is by a Dr that has a multitude of letters after their name to somehow show how important and expert their advice.

this particular guy -- it's not at all clear that he even is a doctor .. the only place that seems to use that title is his own website.

menace

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Exactly....the same goes with many papers.. Who actually checks their credentials and if you did can you verify they're true!

winchesterref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
To be totally fair to ddjamo, that article is pretty good. Useful information, solid principles behind it, and far better than mainstream dietary advice that is currently peddled by governments and organisations ignoring growing bodies of evidence with the opposite conclusions to their own.

Drift

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
An unsourced article which recommends against government health guidelines, hmm... I'll be right, thanks.

Read any other things out there and they back up what he has listed there. Look up Dr Loren Cordain, Dr Peter Attia, Robb Wolf, Mark Sission and they will all say the same thing. Modern health guidelines set out by most governments are rubbish.

The biggest mistake that as every happen is we started describing people as a macro-nutrient, fat, and then everyone reckons "fat makes you fat". Like f*** it does, my normal diet consists of about 50% fat from many healthy sources and I am the lightest I have been in years. I've somewhat fallen into some bad habits over the last couple of months so I am carrying a bit more than usual but overall I perform much better when eating more fat than carbs.

Drift

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I have a huge distrust in government but I'd give them the benefit of the doubt on dietary guidelines. Maybe not on other things where corporate money is involved like GMOs though.
The annual nutrional seminar is sponsored by f*cking Nestle!

menace

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I've somewhat fallen into some bad habits over the last couple of months so I am carrying a bit more than usual but overall I perform much better when eating more fat than carbs.

Nothing like this I hope Drift! :wink:
View attachment 2933

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Everything in moderation, combine with exercise.

What more do you need to know?

barker14610

Referees in America
Post Likes
My money is on that you probably lost most of all the weight from ditching the grains and eating healthily....undoubtedly cutting out the soda helped. But it probably wasn't a single factor but the sum of all the factors that you changed.

Either way..it doesn't matter. You got what you wanted from it.

I could not have sustained and eventually changed my eating habits without elimination of the dirty tricks artificial sweeteners play on your brain. Cutting that was the absolute key.

RobLev

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
You'll have your reasons for linking other threads, I CBA to guess them.

You claimed that you weren't involved in the thread in which ddjamo made the comment:

ahhhh....our beloved mr. j. rotten

I linked to your post in that thread, that's all.

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I remember those posts Ian. There was a few where you were gracious in defeat after an All Blacks game - we knew instantly your account must have been hacked.

I don't post about rugby at JREF; its a science and skeptics forum

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
You claimed that you weren't involved in the thread in which ddjamo made the comment:

I linked to your post in that thread, that's all.

I don't get it. Why are you referencing to another completely different thread...

http://www.rugbyrefs.com/showthread.php?17906-Player-abuse-and-retaliation

..that has nothing whatever to do with this thread (on nutrition)?

Browner's first post in this thread was to ask the same question I am asking. ddjamo could only have been referring to you and/or crossref and/or me when he posted #5 because we were the only three who had posted a reply.

RobLev

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
I don't get it. Why are you referencing to another completely different thread...

http://www.rugbyrefs.com/showthread.php?17906-Player-abuse-and-retaliation

..that has nothing whatever to do with this thread (on nutrition)?

I was referencing that thread because ddjamo had expressed the view that "if you have nothing good to say, say nothing" - objecting to me (and crossref) badmouthing Mercola.

I had taken his comment on the other thread (mistakenly, as it now turns out) as badmouthing either me or Browner; hence I was contrasting his view expressed on this thread in relation to proper behaviour with what I understood to be his own behaviour on the other thread.

- - - Updated - - -

rob - so you can sleep tonight...this is what I was referencing:

http://www.amazon.com/Rotten-No-Irish-Blacks-Dogs/dp/031211883X

mr. johnny "rotten" lydon.

Thanks for clarifying - I withdraw my implied allegation.

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
Gah! ddjamo has linked to "No blacks, no Irish! (Robbie, please' come back!)
This discussion nearly got to 40 posts without the mention of glowing green smoothies.