[6N] Sco v Fra: Player on ground

Rich_NL

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
A single roll or twist is fine, but when you get tackled, roll (so you can present the ball) and then roll again, trying to make it look like momentum, that's not allowed.

There were several examples at the weekend of the ref calling tackle and the tackled players making several metres of scrabbling/rolling/leg kicking.

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
I did my Lv 1 UKCC cert in the summer. The coaches were coaching that you could move with the ball to pivot on your stomach to present the ball back. Is this permitted, if so I see no difference in turning so your facing your support. Surely BOTH of these are preventing competition?

I like the long-dog/pencil presentation. But I coach my players to make that turn/position in the tackle, not flap about on the ground after they've landed (various technical reasons FWIW). And I concor with AC's "I see no difference in turning so your facing your support" here.

Flapping around on the ground is only papering over the cracks of poor contact technique to begin with .

didds

chbg

Referees in England
Solutions
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
I sometimes penalise that , players think I am mad !
If possible I will warn them the first time and then PK when it happens again

If there is someone on their feet who has been prevented from playing the ball by the roll, then I will PK every time. If it is ONE roll (less than 360) to present the ball towards the BC's team with no opposition in position to play the ball, then not material. But I agree, players are coached to do it all the time.

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
I saw the incident and felt sure the ref was advised from the touchline but chose to ignore it. Why I don't know, it was a easy call

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Bump as here is another scenario of ball played on ground and elite ref plays on