[Law] A New Myth!!!!!!!

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
In the old days when you turned lights off, you had to wait two houts for them to cool down before you could switch them on again.
I remember that

Balones

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
I can't see that that is very relevant today. The quality of lights, even down in the sticks is very good, here in Wales at least. If our clubs can do it I can't see why English clubs should have an issue. A logical time to switch them on would be as the players go off for half time. That gives plenty of time for lights to "settle".

You are right it is not so relevant. It is just a case of the regulations not keeping up with tecjnology. Nice to know that the floodlights in Wales are now better than when I used to play under them when I lived there.:)

chbg

Referees in England
Solutions
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
IF the regulation is unclear, why not look uk the U19 variations of the laws of the game :)

Because there is no reference to it in World Rugby U19 Variations - this is absolutely a RFU safety requirement. The lack of clarity purely concerns the Sanction - FK (as at U13, the only Regulation where the sanction is specified, but no PKs at this age group) or PK. For me definitely a PK at U15 and above.

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Squeezeball is sanctioned at U14 too, a FK, and there are Penalties at U14 so you could argue it's FK sanction at all other age grades too (it is at U12 and below too but mostly there's only FK's there too)