Adding time for a kicker to tie laces prior to a kick?

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
During Ireland's trouncing of SA this weekend, Johnny Sexton kicked at goal so often his shoelaces wore out, requiring adjustment before a conversion. This set me wondering about the order of priority of the following laws:

[LAWS]5.4(b) ... Time is allowed for a player to re-tie a boot-lace.[/LAWS]

[LAWS]9.B.1(e) The kicker must take the kick within one minute and thirty seconds (ninety seconds) from the time a try has been awarded. The player must take the kick within one minute and thirty seconds even if the ball rolls over and has to be placed again.
Sanction: The kick is disallowed if the kicker does not take the kick within the time allowed. [/LAWS]

and how does all that fit with the provisions governing restarts towards the very end of the match?

[LAWS]5.7(g) A team scoring a try near the end of the match may take the conversion kick or not.
Providing they ... take the kick within the time remaining , a restart will occur and the match will end at the next stoppage within Law. Time is taken from the strike on the ball.[/LAWS]

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
great question.

I would stop the clock - therefore pausing the countdown.

Decorily

Coach/Referee
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
great question.

I would stop the clock - therefore pausing the countdown.

I believe this is what happened to in the Sexton case referred to above.

thepercy

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 1
Similar to if the kicker was injured in the process of the team scoring the try. Stop the watch for the "minute", then restart the watch and the 90 kick clock, when the player is fit to continue or the sub comes on.

Pinky

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
time is allowed is law speak for stop the clock. Time is allowed for injuries, for example.