Ashton's Red Card Rescinded

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
<sarcasm>

Jordan wasn't facing the prospect of that card being his last ever professional appearance...

Meanwhile we are back to initial contacts being to the shoulder. I hadn't realised that concussion never happened if the smash to the head flicked a shoulder on the way there...

</sarcasm>

what could have taken FIVE hours to decide wrt Ashton?

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
on Twitter I saw that there have been 31 RC for high tackles this and Jordans is the only one judged to be intentional - so was qite literaly the WORST RC offence this season. While Ashton's was a YC. Well...

Volun-selected

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
what could have taken FIVE hours to decide wrt Ashton?
The Grauniad article has that Cadan Murley “testified to the panel that the initial contact was to his right shoulder rather than to his head”.

For the 5-hr meeting - I have no idea how long these meetings normally take. My first thought was that sounds about right for rugby officials, 30 mins for introductions, 30 mins to wrap up, and just enough time for a quick lunch in the middle if they skip the brandy. ;)

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Main difference for me was that Ashton had an arm in there that was looking to wrap, the Glasgow lad was a leading shoulder - that said Ashton’s a lucky boy