Aus v SA Koroibete Cover Tackle

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Above shoulder height is not classed as a high tackle "at that level" unless there is head or neck contact.

Cue conversation about two sets of laws again.

Decorily

Coach/Referee
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Grounding was good, otherwise a penalty try could have been considered as a try saving tackle.
Irrelevant whether the grounding was good or not.....a penalty try could still be awarded.

Jarrod Burton

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Didn't have to wait long for a v2.0 of this incident.

Arms used, but above shoulder height.
Grounding was good, otherwise a penalty try could have been considered as a try saving tackle.
No clear head contact, BC changing height and tackler trying to go low as well (Koroibete is on one knee). Nothing to see here PT wise

belladonna

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
... and another one today in the Bledisloe Cup. Again no penalty, and (from what I could see) not even reviewed.

Jarrod Burton

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
... and another one today in the Bledisloe Cup. Again no penalty, and (from what I could see) not even reviewed.
There was a clear attempt to wrap, the AB player got knocked backwards in contact. I'd be more worried about the tip tackle which went past horizontal before dropping the player and it only being a PK.

shebeen

Avid Rugby Lover
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
There was a clear attempt to wrap, the AB player got knocked backwards in contact. I'd be more worried about the tip tackle which went past horizontal before dropping the player and it only being a PK.
agreed, was clearly passed the horizontal but didn't look as bad due to a fortunate landing. It seemed that would be a RC vs YC decision given that the YC had been already been used liberally the rest of the game.

kudu314

Getting to know the game
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
If Koroibete knew how to use his arms in a tackle he might have held up Barrett in that last try that clinched victory for the AB's over the weekend. But I guess there was an attempt to wrap so it's ok.