Australia v Scotland

The Fat

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Latest press release from the Wallabies dressing room is that Big Will Skelton is to change his name by Deed Poll to Big DUMB Will Skelton

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
check out the neck roll at game time 53:00. Wonder if anyone will have a look.

The Fat

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Hijacking my own thread here, but if anyone watched the Ireland v Canada game, at the 43minute mark, the Ireland captain asks the ref something about an offside? he gives a little demo. Anyone enlighten me please? Came in at the end of the discussion

talbazar

Referees in Singapore
Post Likes
In a nutshell and paraphrasing a lot:

Player: he's offside, isn't he?
Ref: I saw him, he's behind the last feet
Player: but I thought the directive was we have to be bound to be part of the ruck (with Demo)
Ref: He's on side because he is behind the last feet
Player: Thank you sir (with a brilliant "whatever: look)

More here: video at that time

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
the neck roll is becoming a bugbear of mine. Unlike the spear tackle, tackling player in air or the Will Skelton exocet shoulder charge it is difficult to spot in real time but is going to lead to something bad.

UpandUnder

Getting to know the game
Post Likes
the neck roll is becoming a bugbear of mine. Unlike the spear tackle, tackling player in air or the Will Skelton exocet shoulder charge it is difficult to spot in real time but is going to lead to something bad.

I’d like to see 16.2 (a) enforced at ruck time. It’s much safer clearing someone out at a ruck id their shoulders are level or above their hips.

Pegleg

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
That would require players being on their feet at ruck time. It aint going to happen.