Blocker at a Ruck

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
To be honest, at my level I have a bigger problem with non bound players of the attacking team loitering around the gain line of the ruck let alone the back foot, normally a prop ;-). (Always gets warned and penalised if in the way, seems like they just don't like running!)

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
To be honest, at my level I have a bigger problem with non bound players of the attacking team loitering around the gain line of the ruck let alone the back foot, normally a prop ;-). (Always gets warned and penalised if in the way, seems like they just don't like running!)

Oi! Enough of that thank you!.

The poor old props at grass roots level are not exactly Usain Bolt, or as mobile. Some of us took the attitude that "why should I move, the play's going to go past me anyway, and I will only have to run further!"

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Oi! Enough of that thank you!.

The poor old props at grass roots level are not exactly Usain Bolt, or as mobile. Some of us took the attitude that "why should I move, the play's going to go past me anyway, and I will only have to run further!"

;-) I appreciate the logic, but if play comes your way you need to go 2ft sideways, fast, which is probably harder than 2ft backwards slowly!