Bugger!

Simon Griffiths

Referees in England
Post Likes
Argh!

Put myself up for re-appointments this weekend (as I wasn't previously sure whether I was available). The following day, Wednesday, I was offered a place on an RNR course (great), but had to confirm it. Also on Wednesday I got a call ("Hi, I understand you're doing our game..."), however, it went through to voicemail which I didn't pick up until Thursday. I had to call guy regarding the course this weekend to confirm my attendence, also called appts secretary to reneige on my offer of availability (had to leave a message, but it would appear to be too late anyway). Had to leave a message. No response until late this evening (just after I'd given up hope) and it was literally as I put the phone down after calling the club regarding the weekend saying that I may be able to referee after all...

Argh! Quick call straight back to club to warn them that I wasn't available after all and also another message for appts secretary.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I was/am not a happy bunny. I don't like being run around (and that's pretty much what I've been doing today trying to de-conflict all my problems). What I like even less though, is giving people the run around, and as a by-product of being stuck in the middle, I was running people around more than I would like (mainly on the rugby end - appts sec and club).

A bit annoyed, as it was a very interesting L9 League Match, also don't like letting down the appts sec, as he does get me some good games when I'm in Gloucester (and, selfishly too, I don't want that to stop). However, given various (special) constraints put on me by Commander Maritime Reserves, I really could not afford to miss this training weekend.

Well, really horrible days happen. I just seem to be having more than my fair share over the last year. Still, got a potentially interesting L9 League match next week down in Devon for the Fed, necessitating a stay over for a night (which we shall use as an excuse for a nice little Sunday morning walk on Exmoor).

NB. Reason I felt comfortable reneiging my offer of availability to beging with (and therefore why I was happy to accept a place on the course) was that re-appointments aren't usually done around here until Thursday evenings, so thought I would be getting out before causing trouble... :(

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Consider this preparation for working life.