Bulking up

tim White

Referees in England
Post Likes
Does anyone have a diet/fluid regieme for getting undersized refs to fit into a Large refereee shirt?

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
I found age worked quite well.

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
Losing weight involvesl eating less and exercising more.

Gaining it involves eating more.

The type of bulk wanted is what determines the type of food, and wether or not exercise is a component,

For muscle mass, the plenty of protein for muscle, and carbs to give energy to exercise, and milk for bones, and plenty of exercise - weights with low reps and heavy weights, rather than lighter weights with more reps.

Though frankly toned would be better than bulk for general athletic capacity, and for health.

ExHookah

Argentina Referees in Argentina
Post Likes
Move to the United States.

The weight gain is inevitable due to American portion size, unless you have the extreme dietary discipline of someone like Judah Boulet.

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
tim White said:
Does anyone have a diet/fluid regieme for getting undersized refs to fit into a Large refereee shirt?

Tim - I have to ask. Why would a referee want to bulk up? Why not get the right size shirt in the first place?!

P

pending

Unfortuately I've yet to find anything that increases bulk without it being at the expense of fitness (i.e. sitting around doing nothing active while not watching the diet is usually a pretty good start)....

I know I'm trying to bring my fitness level up beyond where it is now, and lose as much weight as possible before going in for surgery in December (refer back to sitting around doing nothing).

You're more than welcome to any of the extra pounds I'm sure to put on this winter....

Simon Griffiths

Referees in England
Post Likes
That's it, you're onto something Mike - reverse liposuction. Whether it will catch on with the masses (no pun intended) is another matter.

Deeps

Referees in England
Post Likes
SimonSmith said:
Why not get the right size shirt in the first place?!

At the constant risk of appearing frivolous, I had thought to offer said gentleman the appropriately sized garment gratuitously, however, he would need to become a Hampshire Society member first.

Mike Whittaker

Referees in England
Post Likes
Deeps said:
At the constant risk of appearing frivolous, I had thought to offer said gentleman the appropriately sized garment gratuitously, however, he would need to become a Hampshire Society member first.

Sounds very sensible Deeps..

It is just a matter of Simon T setting up the HRURS country membership scheme open to all refs around the world prepared to pay a nominal fee into a specific bank account...

We could have a special shirt made ... one that would have cult status.

Members of this board are now in at the beginning and have an excellent opportunity of becoming low number members, a privilege that will stand them in good stead, particularly if they ever come here for assessment (usual fee applies) or training advice (even bigger fee)...:D

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Mike Whittaker said:
Members of this board are now in at the beginning and have an excellent opportunity of becoming low number members, a privilege that will stand them in good stead, particularly if they ever come here for assessment (usual fee applies) or training advice (even bigger fee)...:D

Low number membership ensuring favor?
That sounds scarily like the early days of the Nazi party......:D

Mike Whittaker

Referees in England
Post Likes
SimonSmith said:
Low number membership ensuring favor?
That sounds scarily like the early days of the Nazi party......:D

Which point will be recognised when we design the cult status shirt... :D

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Why are we going with maroon therefore?

I can think of other more apposite colors!

Mike Whittaker

Referees in England
Post Likes
SimonSmith said:
Why are we going with maroon therefore?

I can think of other more apposite colors!

Simon, I was not referring to the RRF shirt as being cult status, that will just have priceless rarity value .... For which maroon is entirely appropriate. :D