C-19 lockdown exercide

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
so what are we all doing to maintain fitness duroig "lockdown" - appreciating that as we are a global fraternity here differing countries will have doifferent levels of lockdown and national expectations etc ?

Me? Im running as usual. I try to keep off private land generally (where I would normally have permission to run etc) as a courtesy to the land owners and stick to pavement and public footpaths. Prefer the latter as there is even less chance of meeting anybody etc.

We are lucky in that we have a farm as our neighbour and the farmer allows us to exercise the dogs on what is effectively private land and wher we have zero chance of meeting anybody including him and his wife

didds

Last edited:

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Looking at your spelling it looks like you've taken up drinking.

Stay well.

:)

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
usual crap typing skills.

alternatively its what happens when people die out running maybe

didds

Rich_NL

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Bodyweight circuits and occasional runs with the kids. I had a cold a couple of weeks ago that left me short of breath (? maybe...) so I'm slowly building back up to somewhat normal.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I usually attend boot camp type activities. The trainer is trying to conduct these via Zoom. It's a WIP.

Marc Wakeham

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
usual crap typing skills.

alternatively its what happens when people die out running maybe

didds

I have the same problem regarding typing. I am tying a web-based checker to see if that helps.
The WRU have sent some fitness info from their website. I'll take a proper look next week when my wife resurns to work following her self-isolation.

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I personally advocate ZUU. A HILIT programme that was designed in Australia by Nathan Helberg.

It uses body weight and movement to promote strength, conditioning and flexibility. Can be used for injury recovery as well as injury prevention.

The great thing about it is that there is world-wide community, as the culture is very much about inclusion and no-ego.

www.worldzuu.com
www.globalzuu.com

It is used by a lot of the NRL Teams and IRFU have incorporated elements of it.

I am also jogging/running about 5 miles per day early in the morning (0630) as a precursor to ZUU workout on the drive, or in the park across the road, or in the back garden

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
I'm just doing a couple of runs a week, which was may normal routine and now throwing in a weekend run instead of a game. Fortunate to live by the coast and not encountering man. I am in a local running club, currently suspended, which helps as I hate running alone which now we all have to do.

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
so what are we all doing to maintain fitness duroig "lockdown" - appreciating that as we are a global fraternity here differing countries will have doifferent levels of lockdown and national expectations etc ?

Me? Im running as usual. I try to keep off private land generally (where I would normally have permission to run etc) as a courtesy to the land owners and stick to pavement and public footpaths. Prefer the latter as there is even less chance of meeting anybody etc.

We are lucky in that we have a farm as our neighbour and the farmer allows us to exercise the dogs on what is effectively private land and wher we have zero chance of meeting anybody including him and his wife

didds
Spelling hints of a peaty whisky. Perhaps an Ardbeg? 10 year old?
A glorious beast from Islay that offers a brilliant combination of sweet maltiness and smoky, peaty richness. Non chill-filtered for extra complexity.
Just kidding.

Zebra1922

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
I’ve got an arthritic knee which means running is out. Cycling is a bit hit and miss in the lockdown - is it wise to cycle 30 miles past hundreds of people?

so I’m down to YouTube workouts, which admittedly I’m not doing too many. Highlighted a need to clear some junk from my house to free up some space!

WoodyOne

Coach / Referee
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 10
Anecdotal / observation from these parts (Surrey, UK) is that cycling has surged during lockdown. I have mixed feelings on off-road as some paths are narrow and relatively busy. Road cyclists are probably able to get out on routes with virtually zero contact / passing of others.

Personally I'm lucky enough to have a treadmill so I'm interspersing runs on that with weight training (olympic bar work).

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
I use a static bike and go for a 20 minute "run" most days.

(Is "exercide" a portmanteau word? Exercise + suicide?)

Last edited: