cbsy9 observations:

ddjamo

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
- I couldn't spit out "yes 9" and stuck with my normal "lets have it."

- if you don't make them wait they will try to get a nudge and put at the same time

- it's actually harder to manage everything from the non put in side. you can't see the scrumhalf with your peripheral so you can't see his arms or posture to tip off a feed and you have to get an angle to see all the way to the opposite THP - so that's a feat within itself.

- if you are on the non put it side and the wing is out your way and there is shit going on at the back between the 9's and 8 you are in no man's land and not in a great position to prevent much of anything.

I think I will vary my positioning the first 3-4 but once settled in biz as usual. I don't see any advantage to being on the other side.

that is...after one match.

woody

Referees in America
Post Likes
-
- if you are on the non put it side and the wing is out your way and there is shit going on at the back between the 9's and 8 you are in no man's land and not in a great position to prevent much of anything.

Sounds like a story there :)

Robert Burns

, Referees in Canada, RugbyRefs.com Webmaster
Staff member
Post Likes
Stand further back on the non put in side. I stand about 2-3m away. Have a clear view of the feed and feet. And can be clearly heard.

Once ball is in, move closer and to the required position.