Charity Game with scrums and new laws!

Decorily

Coach/Referee
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Is kicking the ball back into your half okay? The law only mentions passing or carrying.

Doesn't the law book state that the phase should have originated in the defensive half and also something about 'taken' in to the half.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Doesn’t gathering a kick start a new phase? So kick it back into your half, pick it up (new phase originating in your half) and then good to try it

Decorily

Coach/Referee
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Doesn’t gathering a kick start a new phase? So kick it back into your half, pick it up (new phase originating in your half) and then good to try it

Maybe so....but the law book clearly states tackle, ruck or maul or touched by an opposition player in relation to 50:22 so that's good enough for me!

Balones

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
Basically the question is, where is the half way line in relation to this law? The the position/status of the other lines (22, goal line etc) is defined in the laws.

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Maybe so....but the law book clearly states tackle, ruck or maul or touched by an opposition player in relation to 50:22 so that's good enough for me!

Ah, yes, different wording on the law trials page, helpful :-(

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Are you really asking what happens when the non-offending side opts for the scrum on the half-way line? Can you kick the ball under 50/22 if you win the ball? Is the centre of the scrum in your half or not? Is winning the ball carrying it back?

Is kicking the ball back into your half okay? The law only mentions passing or carrying.

No. If those had been my questions then those would have been my questions