Chris Pollock lanyard

Alex Cattermole

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Do any of you know where I could find Pollock's lanyard, have looked all over to no avail.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Chris-Pollock_2596517b.jpg
    Chris-Pollock_2596517b.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 126

Decorily

Coach/Referee
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Likely just something he assembled himself.....does he have a teenage daughter by any chance!!

Personally I use the ACME wrist lanyard.

chrismtl

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
It looks like one of those rubber band bracelets that you probably have collecting dust in the house with a piece of string attached to it

Decorily

Coach/Referee
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Actually those coloured bands can have 'coded' meanings...... and I suggest you don't ask your teenage daughter what hers means!!

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Thanks chrismtl. I've been wondering how to make something for my whistles, problem solved

Drift

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
It looks like one of those rubber band bracelets that you probably have collecting dust in the house with a piece of string attached to it

That is exactly what it is. Livstrong one I think.

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Actually those coloured bands can have 'coded' meanings...... and I suggest you don't ask your teenage daughter what hers means!!

... yes, because you don't want to know!

Camquin

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
He is a teacher, so might have some idea about teenagers, but perhaps not all the codes.

The Fat

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
A piece of 25mm wide elastic (black doesn't show the dirt), and the end section of any lanyard that has a ring/clip and one Acme Thunderer whistle.
Wrap elastic around wrist so it is comfortable i.e. not stretched, and cut to length allowing an extra 25mm for over lap.
Attach whistle to lanyard and hold in normal position as you would during a match and lay lanyard across palm, down wrist to where elastic will sit and mark the lanyard. Allow an extra 50mm so that cut end of lanyard can go under the elastic and double-back on top of elastic. Pin lanyard to elastic in final position and hand it to your wife with, "Be a champ and run this through the sewing machine please luv?"
If you make two, you'll have time to have a coffee, a beer or maybe even a glass of your favourite red.

Can post pic if needed. Best whistle lanyard.

Alternatively, steal one of those rubber bracelets from your kids and a lace out of one of their school shoes and copy Chris Pollock's design.

Cheers.

Alex Cattermole

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
haha only 22 so i don't have any kids, but I took all of your advice and bought one of the acme lanyards... it's the length i've been looking for but haven't been able to find at any sporting goods store in the states

I was going to buy one of the jssrefcom handwraps but didn't feel like waiting for it to come from australia

to make the pollock lanyard i bought a crohn's awareness bracelet (cause i'm all about letting people know i'm sick all the time lol) and plan on tying the acme lanyard around it

thanks for pointing me towards the acme lanyard mates

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
to make the pollock lanyard i bought a crohn's awareness bracelet (cause i'm all about letting people know i'm sick all the time lol) and plan on tying the acme lanyard around it

thanks for pointing me towards the acme lanyard mates

If you have ordered this one......

acmelany.jpg

Then you won't need anything else. It fits round your wrist (tightens with the silver ball) and the whistle will fit in your hand perfectly.

Decorily

Coach/Referee
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade

attachment.php

Then you won't need anything else. It fits round your wrist (tightens with the silver ball) and the whistle will fit in your hand perfectly.

This is the one I use and as Phil E says you won't need a wristband.........unless of course you know the 'codes' and have a message to send. If you notice more smiles than usual from the teams you might consider changing the colour!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

attachment.php

This is the one I use and as Phil E says you won't need a wristband.........unless of course you know the 'codes' and have a message to send. If you notice more smiles than usual from the teams you might consider changing the colour!!!!!!!!!!!!

leaguerefaus

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I'm sure there's plenty of referees who could do with a few more smiles from teams.

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
I like having a long lanyard which wraps twice round my hand. Helps with nervous of unwinding and then rewinding it.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I like having a long lanyard which wraps twice round my hand.

"Twice round the deck, once round his neck, and up his *** for a stopper"

Never gets old :biggrin:

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I have 2no Acme lanyards - one for the 558 and one for 60.

Best thing to come out of Birmingham since the M6 or the M5 or the M40 or the M42 or the A42 or the A38 or the A45..........

KML1

Ref in Hampshire. Work for World Rugby
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Elite Panel
Whistle gri.jpg

Am I the only ref in the world to use one of these? I know they're aimed at ice hockey refs, and got one by accident 15 years ago and never looked back. Worth considering - never lost one yet!