citing head clashes timelines

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
Is there a citing window at the international level for impacts with force to the head? A cut off time for citing? Or is it a case of the citing panel meticulously go through each game after the event and decide themselves if a player should be cited for such?

I have in mind this incident -cant find it on anything on youtube Im afraid but the twitter URL seems to work if you haven't got an account (It works for me in a browser where Im not logged into it)

but its really a generic question so I've no intention of bogging down the general query with specifics on just one incident.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
this was an impact to the ball carrier, on camera, so would have been easily spotted in real time by the TMO and (seeing as it was all over twitter ) must have been subsequently examined by the citing officer.
No way was it missed.

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
i suppose the follow up question CR is are such citing panel's minutes/decisions published anywhere/
WR/6N/whoever does itself no favours if these incidents are reviewed and the outcomes not explained - as we can see by a fair bit of general "chat" about this incident at least

Volun-selected

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Is there a citing window at the international level for impacts with force to the head? A cut off time for citing? Or is it a case of the citing panel meticulously go through each game after the event and decide themselves if a player should be cited for such?

Unfortunately, I think it is a competition-specific process. For example, you can find on RFU the process for Gallagher matches (clubs have 4h from end of match to raise any concerns with the Citing Commissioner; Citing Commissioner has 24 hours from the end of the match to make any citing, etc.) but, for 6N - nada.

So to the second question, panel decisions - nothing much beyond a few news articles.

All rather opaque.

Anyone on the board have any insights?

Pinky

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
That looked at least as bad as the one that got the Italian hooker RC.