In the OP, it's straightforward. "Kicker, what are you going to do?" "Kick for touch, sir" "Touchie, make subs at the lineout please"
But how much inconsistency can we put up with ?
For instance i never ask the team what they are going to do, is that wrong, does that matter?.
Some scenarios. PK awarded to Red
- Red would like to bring YC player back on before taking the PK
- red would like bring YC 10 back on to take the kick
- red would like to make a substitution before taking the kick
- a player is injured, given clock is stopped , red would like to make a substitution before taking the kick
- if you allow a YC red player back, can blue make a substitution
Red opt to kick for posts (and do not want any subs etc) Now
- can blue bring a YC player back before kick is taken
- can blue make a substitution before kick is taken ?
For me it's yes to all those by law am I right/wrong or not clear ?
Does it matter if different refs take different views ?
Has the clarification helped us deal consistently with those scenarios