Crooked Feed!!!!

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I think the FK was actually prompted by the hooker not striking.
the secondary signal was certainly for crooked feed. What's the secondary signal for hooker not striking? :unsure:

Volun-selected

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
the secondary signal was certainly for crooked feed. What's the secondary signal for hooker not striking? :unsure:
Dunno - either the same as foot up by front row but say “no brake“.

Another option could be to modify the foot up signal and keep your foot on the floor in front of you and point at it?

Balones

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
Good question. Usually we penalise players for doing something so we have signals that reflect what they have done. Off the top of my head I can’t think of another instance where we penalise for not doing something. Other than perhaps not using the ball within a certain time.

Rich_NL

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Good question. Usually we penalise players for doing something so we have signals that reflect what they have done. Off the top of my head I can’t think of another instance where we penalise for not doing something. Other than perhaps not using the ball within a certain time.
Not attempting to wrap is usually a tackle with the absence of an action... not rolling away... not releasing. The latter two (and sometimes the first) signalled with what they  should have done but didn't. So maybe a hooking motion?