C'wealth Games

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
... or the latest jetpacks used by air ambulances? Human cannons?

How many judges are used in Olympic walking? One per athlete watching every step?!

A list of discontinued Olympic events includes such items as tug of war, plunge for distance, swimming obstacle race. I would happily see race walking join them. It is too ill-defined.

The human cannon relay race sounds like something I would pay to see!

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
I have just watched part of the Women's 10k "walk" in the Commonwealth Games. Apparently they give a red card if you are detected breaking the rules, and three RCs mean you have to spend time in the sin-bin. I could not see any judges. so I have no idea how the judging was done.

chbg

Referees in England
Solutions
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
I have just watched part of the Women's 10k "walk" in the Commonwealth Games. Apparently they give a red card if you are detected breaking the rules, and three RCs mean you have to spend time in the sin-bin. I could not see any judges. so I have no idea how the judging was done.
Athletics track officials are 'not wanted' in the TV pictures, nor obstructing spectators' views, so sit behind the advertising hoarding whenever possible. Imagine refereeing like that! But there is also a video referee (where relevant) who can review recorded footage (and is empowered to make decisions retrospectively).

Volun-selected

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
yeah. The Australians likely to do very well in these Games not because they are great at cycling, running, throwing or jumping but because they can go through water faster than everyone else
Nothing like a great white, salty, or similar in the water to convince you to swim faster than the next guy. Though with box jellyfish they’d also be pretty adept at the swim obstacle race if it was ever reintroduced…