Cycling

Blackberry

Referees in England
Post Likes
This week I am starting a Lands End John O Groats cycle. If anyone wants to join me at any spot here's a rough outline of my destinations / days, Saturday Camelford, Sunday Bampton, Monday Cheddar, Tuesday Wye Valley, Wednesday Much Wenlock, Thursday Bucklow Hill, Friday Slaidburn, Saturday Great Salkeld, Sunday Yarrow, Monday Kinross, Tuesday Spittal of Glenshea, Wednesday Seafield Lodge (if I survive the Cairngorns) Thursday Lairg, Friday Bettyhill followed by a top gear style race with Fiona to JOG. Its 976 miles and about 61,000 feet in climbs...most of them in Devon. Huge thanks to FIona who is not only being left with 2 hyper Collies and 3 horses, but who is yet again making the drive up to collect me. Hopefully we will be getting the chance to see Jackie and Tim.

I've done the trip a few times before so know what to expect... which is why I am sitting here with the usual pre-match slightly sick feeling. :)

Here's a tracker on my phone, sometimes in the hills and mountains it loses signal, so don't t think that if I am stationary it necessarily means I've become an interesting abstract design on the front of a truck,

http://www.followmee.com/mapx.aspx?token=65d50222-d115-4b88-9eab-84313f840156

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Best of luck mate....are you wearing a yellow jersey?

Blackberry

Referees in England
Post Likes
I've never thought about my shirt.... and yes, it is yellow, everytime I've worn a yellow shirt. I must have looked like a right idiot.... I'm wearing black this time. Thanks for the heads up.

Mind you, I've won the same number of Tour De France's as Lance Armstrong...

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
A bloke of 60 on the radio this morning did it in a week on a folding Brompton Bicycle!
Mind you he did it the easy way, downhill to Lands End.

Blackberry

Referees in England
Post Likes
A bloke of 60 on the radio this morning did it in a week on a folding Brompton Bicycle!
Mind you he did it the easy way, downhill to Lands End.

I am plagued by older guys cycling past me on hills with encouraging words.

Blackberry

Referees in England
Post Likes
I am cycling Lands End John O Groats again, starting 30th May. If any of us are cyclists, slow cyclists only please, you are welcome to meet up en route.

I am stopping at Penzance, Camelford, Tiverton, Compton Martin (just after the Cheddar Gorge), Goodrich in the Wye Valley, Much Wenlock (Lol and Dave Shail) , Bucklow Hill, Slaidburn, Great Salkeld in Cumbria, into Scotland at Yarrow (at the bottom of a brilliant 5 mile descent!!), Kinross, then into the mountains at the Spittal of Glenshea, a monster climbing day ending with a long descent in Grantown on Spey, then a long day into the Highlands ending up at Invershin, a short day to the North coast at Bettyhill, then another short day to John O Groats.

Pinky

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Are you doing a follow me again this year?