Dear America....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paule23

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Given the UK has first past the post and most governments gain a majority with less than 40% of the vote, I don't think we Brits are in any place to criticise an electoral system.

now criticising the output of that system, that's a different matter ��

Taff

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
.. There is no perfect electoral system since the criteria tend to conflict. Clinton got 48.2% of the popular vote against Trump's 46.1% - and our system of constituencies can produce the same effect.
Thanks OB.

I saw a graph earlier today where the majorities of all the Presidents was shown in descending order; typically I can't find it now, but there have been about 6 Presidents in minus figures ie more voted against them than for them. I think Trump was -4.5%. The worst one was about -10% ie 10% more people voted for the other guy .... yet he still made it to the White House thanks to the Electoral College. :wtf:

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
Thanks OB.

I saw a graph earlier today where the majorities of all the Presidents was shown in descending order; typically I can't find it now, but there have been about 6 Presidents in minus figures ie more voted against them than for them. I think Trump was -4.5%. The worst one was about -10% ie 10% more people voted for the other guy .... yet he still made it to the White House thanks to the Electoral College. :wtf:

Yeah, ther was one goofball that managed to get 43% and won. his wife even beat him

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
What the f**k have you done! :shrug:

They have shown what a progressive and imaginative nation they are. Last time, they voted a black president into office. This time, they voted in an orange one!

this-isnt-what-we-meant-when-we-said-orange-is-the-new-black-donald-trump-barack-obama.jpg

menace

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
You will note how silent us Aussies are remaining. ....it's not because of the time zone but cause we're to embarrassed admitting that our muppet might be crappier than all you lot.

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
You will note how silent us Aussies are remaining. ....it's not because of the time zone but cause we're to embarrassed admitting that our muppet might be crappier than all you lot.

No, no.Worry not. You're not close.

Let's be clear. We managed to elect:
A sexual predator.
A racist.
A misogynist.
A proven liar.
Ignorant, intellectually anti-curious thunderc*nt.
Charlatan.

You can't beat that.

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes

A sexual predator.
A racist.
A misogynist.
A proven liar.
Charlatan.

You can't beat that.

I'm just glad he is not a name caller.

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes

I'll give you 51 reasons why, and you will be right between Arkansas and California

The Fat

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
I just find it ironic that a bloke who is one of the "haves", and boasts endlessly about how rich and famous he is, has managed to convince a vast majority of the "have nots" to put him in the White House by telling them that he is going to "drain the swamp" and target the "fat cats". Isn't he threatening to target his mates from his end of town?
When interviewed a couple of days ago about why some celebrities had shunned invitations to perform at his inauguration, he says, "They weren't invited anyway". He then says, "We don't need the celebrities, this is not about celebrities it's about the people". Next sentence and he comes out with this, "Anyway, we have the biggest celebrities here". The reporter says, "You?", and Trump replies, "I didn't say that", in a tone of voice that just screams, "F#%@ yeah bitch! I am the BIGGEST celebrity of all. You have nice breasts."

The guy is a moron.
Won't take long for him to stuff shit up and those in the shadows will be working out ways of getting him the f#%@ outa there.

Putin-holding-Trump-by-the-balls-Cartoon-by-Felix-Schaad-Tages-Anzeiger.jpg

Blackberry

Referees in England
Post Likes
Woah cowboys, easy! Let's give this great country a chance.

I used to work in America and I for one LOVE the country. Two reasons, first i am not fat in America, in fact to them I'm something of a sporting icon. Second, bless them for trumping (sorry no other word available) our Brexit vote in the WTF stakes.

BTW, as a student worker I used to clean Donald Trump's plane...the outside. It was an extra night shift to my day time work at Boston airport. The computer wont let e post a photo as it says I exceed my quota????

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2

A sexual predator.
A racist.
A misogynist.
A proven liar.
Charlatan.

You can't beat that.

You forgot that he is also Conspiracy Theorist (JFK assassination, birther). Alex "Infowars" Jones is part of his advisory circle. Go figure!

POTUS is a nutcase and an loose cannon.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
. The computer wont let e post a photo as it says I exceed my quota????

Click on "Settings", top of the page on the right.
From the left hand menu click "Attachments" under "Miscellaneous".
Delete some of the older photos to give yourself some more space.

Deadpool!

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes

A sexual predator.
A racist.
A misogynist.
A proven liar.
Charlatan.

You can't beat that.

I'm just glad he is not a name caller.

You want to go back and check.

In light of all the other failings, "name caller" seemed a bit trivial.

Simon, please tell me you understand my ploy or that your last post was a counter ploy

You must be "low energy" this morning

Pegleg

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
Given the UK has first past the post and most governments gain a majority with less than 40% of the vote, I don't think we Brits are in any place to criticise an electoral system.

now criticising the output of that system, that's a different matter 

However it is very rare for the winning party not to have the largest individual vote. Of course, Trump has himself complained about the potential for the less popular (by vote) candidate winning. He felt it was wrong. Youl'll find it on his Twitter feed.

Taff

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
And we have a 3 horse race surely, not a 2 horse race. :chin:

ChrisR

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Actually two horses and two show ponies.

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
Three horses? The third being the SNP?

Didds

Status
Not open for further replies.