Decent watch to help track fitness

breako

Referees in Ireland
Post Likes
Hi,
I need a watch that will also tell me:
1. Top speed
2. Best acceleration etc.

I need to work on both from fitness perspective.

Any suggestions?

Drift

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Garmin forerunner, any model.

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Yup, if you get the Forerunner 235 you get constant heart rate monitoring which adds to the fitness metrics. There's also a half decent refs timer app in the App Store which I use (vibrates to remind you time is off etc)

breako

Referees in Ireland
Post Likes
Thanks. What about those GPS things you could put into a vest? Where can I get one of them?

DocY

Referees in England
Post Likes
Thanks. What about those GPS things you could put into a vest? Where can I get one of them?
I've never used one of the vest things, but I'd recommend a watch (I use a Garmin 235). You want something you can look at while you're training - seeing that you're x% off your target really motivates you to try harder!

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Echoed, and in fact the Referees app on the Garmin 235 will plot your route via GPS points on a Map (which can look very odd but interesting to show the action points on the pitch!) and your heartrate, speed, etc.

On the promise you won't judge my fitness, this is the sort of output you get! - https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1616542909

PS: This was a U10 game!

taff426

Facebook Member
Post Likes
I use the Garmin Vivoactive HR, previously used Forerunner 410. I've trialled them in the same game to compare, both sets of comparable sets were as close as can be.
Can also be used for Golf, cycling, swimming, indoor running and cycling, rowing indoors and outdoors, multitude of uses....

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1637875292

talbazar

Referees in Singapore
Post Likes
Yup, if you get the Forerunner 235 you get constant heart rate monitoring which adds to the fitness metrics. There's also a half decent refs timer app in the App Store which I use (vibrates to remind you time is off etc)

What's the name of the app?
Cheers,
Pierre.

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Referee Watch