End of match on Penalty.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
When, legally, is it “awarded”? I’ve always treated that as when the offense occurs
Blue knock-on in general play at 79:45 and Red gather ball. Ref calls "advantage" and hangs arm. Red dick around with ball for a bit but no advantage coming so ref blows whistle at 80:15 for the scrum.

In summary, offence at 79:45 and whistle at 80:15. Scrum or full-time?

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Blue knock-on in general play at 79:45 and Red gather ball. Ref calls "advantage" and hangs arm. Red dick around with ball for a bit but no advantage coming so ref blows whistle at 80:15 for the scrum.

Full time.. so dont do that

Locke

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 10

For me this is an obvious scrum restart. Even if the letter of the law indicates full time should be called, I’m awarding the scrum because, if for no other reason, I as the referee have failed the team by not ending advantage and awarding them the scrum before 80:00 since, at that point, it is not to their advantage for the play to continue. If the game is on the line, I’m not being a jobsworth about the technicality of 15 seconds because I didn’t end advantage soon enough.

menace

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
@Marc Wakeham ,see what happens when you mention Chopper (God rest his forum soul)? It inspires DickieE to channel his tangents! 😄

(Apologies to those that have not ever experienced reading Choppers diatribes in these forums some years ago and have no inkling WTF the reference....or is he back?)

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
@Marc Wakeham ,see what happens when you mention Chopper (God rest his forum soul)? It inspires DickieE to channel his tangents! 😄

(Apologies to those that have not ever experienced reading Choppers diatribes in these forums some years ago and have no inkling WTF the reference....or is he back?)

Chopper is still 14th in the all time posting league and he hasn't posted for 10 years. He banged them out when he was at his most prolific.

Stu10

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11

We've been here before...