End of season...

Stormkahn

Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Well the end of season BBQ is upon us so it's time for me to hang up my boots for the season. :norc:

I just want to say a big big thank you for all the help and support I've had from you guys in my 1st season in the middle, you've been a massive help. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Just looking ahead to next seasons NRoP changes for what will be the U12s, there doesn't seem much difference except that it's going from a 3 to 5 man uncontested scrum. Now we've been puzzling this one out but don't really don't see the point? Thoughts?

The other question I get asked is, OK so what about U13, when do we go to 15 a side?

cheers,

Dave.

AntonyGoodman

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Firstly, can I just echo Dave's thoughts and thank those that have contributed to the U12's forum, it has been really helpful.

Changes for next year:

+1 player on each team (10 a side)
Unlimited numbers at the ruck and maul
and 5 man uncontested scrums

It will be interesting to see what having all that space does when you tie up all those players in the scrum. I think that the idea about having 5 man uncontested is that you are making sure that the kids are doing all the right things when there is no contest so that when it is introduced, it is less of a big step.

As for U13, the trail NROP are currently:

12 a side
90x60 pitch
Contested 5 man scrums AFTER Dec 31st

Thanks,

Antony

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
I hope the NRoP improve your U12s experience.

Back in our day u12 saw too little space on 1/2 pitches and far too much contact where the early 'hairy leg' lads dominated ( & frightened off ) the tiny lads.

Good luck.

TigerCraig

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
As for U13, the trail NROP are currently:

12 a side
90x60 pitch
Contested 5 man scrums AFTER Dec 31st

Thanks,

Antony

Wow, we have full Under 19 laws from Under 13, and contested scrums from Under 10