European Rugby Champions Cup - Montpellier vs Glasgow (Pool 4)

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
After 39 minutes of play Glasgow kick the ball dead ; but JP Doyle blew for half-time denying Montpellier a good scrum in the Warriors half.
I know [laws]A match is divided into two halves each of not more than forty minutes playing time.[/laws]Sure-ly allowing the scrum restart would be only fair in this instance?

Pegleg

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
Perhaps his watch differed from the TV clock?

The umpire

Referees in England
Post Likes
I shouldn't worry about it. He more than made up for it by playing 45 in the 2nd to give them a penalty try for a bonus point. Never mind Glasgow now 2 from 2, not that you'd know from BBC or Sky news.

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
Rather than "making-up" for the lapse in the first half ; perhaps simply applying the "40-minute rule" to both halves, might be a better option. That said Gregor Townsend is more than happy with the win away from home.

Highlights: Montpellier v Glasgow

Pegleg

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
Agreed. As per my earlier post.

Wedgie

Referees in England
Post Likes
On 58 mins Ebersohn, the Montpellier 12, gets sin binned after being the tackler, getting to his feet and then kicking the ball from the pursuant ruck. One could, IMHO, make a pretty valid argument that he did not release the tackled player but the ref appears to makes it very clear that the YC is for kicking - and I assume that he only kicked the ball....so what was the offence?

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
On 58 mins Ebersohn, the Montpellier 12, gets sin binned after being the tackler, getting to his feet and then kicking the ball from the pursuant ruck.

One could, IMHO, make a pretty valid argument that he did not release the tackled player

but the ref appears to makes it very clear that the YC is for kicking - and I assume that he only kicked the ball....so what was the offence?

Ruck formed ( that he wasn't part of) so the YC is for the subsequent cynical offside.

Refs two hands forming a bridge shape might be the clue, European translation for "ruck was formed" ....??????