Fired up!

leaguerefaus

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I can't fathom what the player did...?
Swore at / abused him. The captain asks what he said, the ref says he won't repeat it because he's wearing a microphone.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Mr Badger does have a "funny" way of talking to players IME - he does indeed get quite fired up. He was a lot calmer in the Wind in the Willows?

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
Swore at / abused him. The captain asks what he said, the ref says he won't repeat it because he's wearing a microphone.

I didn't see any reason that the player should resort to swearing at the ref, what did the ref do wrong?

4eyesbetter

Referees in England
Post Likes
Probably one of those things where just existing on the same pitch is enough to set him off. We've all had that at some point, right?

RobLev

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
I didn't see any reason that the player should resort to swearing at the ref, what did the ref do wrong?

Did the player suggest (somewhat forcefully) that the final pass was forward?

Dixpat

Avid Rugby Lover
Post Likes
Did the player suggest (somewhat forcefully) that the final pass was forward?

Yes, he said that the pass was fecking forward!

If that is the new standard for sending a man to the bin for 10 then I am afraid that a NRL game won't have many left on the pitch at the end of the game

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
Yes, he said that the pass was fecking forward!

If that is the new standard for sending a man to the bin for 10 then I am afraid that a NRL game won't have many left on the pitch at the end of the game

Given that clubs swot up on referee performance and interpretation preferences' then perhaps that guy will simply be known as the " dont swear at ref" :)

leaguerefaus

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
There's been a few sin bins for swearing lately, it seems as if they've chose to take a stance on it (although I don't know how it got to the point where swearing at the ref was okay in the first place...)

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
(although I don't know how it got to the point where swearing at the ref was okay in the first place...)

when I was young my nan pulled a face if she heard the words "damn, christ, bugger or bloody" nowadays we even see "FFS & WTF " often written on RR.com which kinda explains the way that the F word has gradually crept into mainstream language & gained acceptability ....Crikey one Scottish Chef even had a restaurant and TV series celebrating the inference.

It will be interesting to see how RL deals with this subject, perhaps the improvements in referee mic'ing are driving the need to curtail it?