France v Italy

Stuartg

Referees in England
Post Likes
French first try decision is a disgrace. He did place the ball immediately but grovelled along the ground. Another decision that will make next week more difficult for the rest of us. An utter disgrace.

Toby Warren

Referees in England
Post Likes
Disagree, tackled short and reaches out and scores.

Didn't see any crawling - jut a good reach, if he had placed it that far backwards it would have been play on

JohnP

Post Likes
Houget no arm try saving ' tackle' penalty try? Thoughts

Browner

Banned
Post Likes

This is the ludicrousy of the the 'priority' that tackler has to release before the player has to release the ball, Tackler makes a great tackle, & then........ fearful of being YC for holding on he releases Piccamoles, who HASN'T released the ball & Piccamoles then uses his knees to bounce up again & stretch forward ............. what is the tackler supposed to do?

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
YC for kicking the ball away ....... :clap: at last elite ref ....

The umpire

Referees in England
Post Likes
Italy non-try. If it's the Italy player's arms under the ball (which it was) - isn't it a try? How often would you not award it when they dive over with the ball held to their chest by both arms?

talbazar

Referees in Singapore
Post Likes
Was Craig Joubert asked for his recommendation or did he overstep his duty when he talked Peyper into giving two red cards?

I honestly though it was poor management. If you really want to pull cards, two YC for the naughty boys. But I personally might not even have put my hand to my pocket...

My 2 cents,
Pierre.

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
No No NO John Inverdale, if players were YC for preventing a QTP by kicking the ball away we "wouldn't be down to 10" , we'd see the practice desist !!!!

winchesterref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
2 head butts surely that's 2 reds?

Agree 100%. Very easy for him to give 2 yellows, but watching in a bar so no sound, but if CJ did talk him into two reds then good on him.

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
Italy non-try. If it's the Italy player's arms under the ball (which it was) - isn't it a try? How often would you not award it when they dive over with the ball held to their chest by both arms?

I'd give try every week, because I don't have TMO support....... However, Italian knows that you have to ground the ball, so why didn't he?....maybe French defender had was holding his arms in position [in which case great work by frenchie] if he wasn't doing that then a schoolboy error from the Italian for sure, but the whole point of TMO'ing is about accurate decisions not sympathy.

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
This is the ludicrousy of the the 'priority' that tackler has to release before the player has to release the ball, Tackler makes a great tackle, & then........ fearful of being YC for holding on he releases Piccamoles, who HASN'T released the ball
I agree with that point and have previously referred to the situation as a Mexican stand-off. It makes sense to prioritise the releases in midfield as it frees up the game, but demanding the same if the tackled player can simply reach out and score is effectively requiring him to commit suicide. I see it as an unrealistically harsh interpretation.
& Piccamoles then uses his knees to bounce up again & stretch forward ............. what is the tackler supposed to do?
I haven't seen the game yet, but if Picamoles did push himself forward with his knees the try should have been disallowed anyway. If he cannot reach without moving his body forward, his only option is to release and get to his feet first.

Taff

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
This is the ludicrousy of the the 'priority' that tackler has to release before the player has to release the ball, Tackler makes a great tackle, & then........ fearful of being YC for holding on he releases Piccamoles, who HASN'T released the ball & Piccamoles then uses his knees to bounce up again & stretch forward ............. what is the tackler supposed to do?
Hold on just long enough to make it obvious .... but not too long to get penalised.

Account Deleted

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Was Craig Joubert asked for his recommendation or did he overstep his duty when he talked Peyper into giving two red cards?

I honestly though it was poor management. If you really want to pull cards, two YC for the naughty boys. But I personally might not even have put my hand to my pocket...

My 2 cents,
Pierre.

No cards for head butts? Sorry RED every time. I did not hear the AR / Ref chat or the TMO input but the right outcome was reached.

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
No cards for head butts? Sorry RED every time. I did not hear the AR / Ref chat or the TMO input but the right outcome was reached.

I agree... Head butt = :norc: and a one way trip to the judiciary, all day, every day!

Taff

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Are you saying that the subject tackle wasn't 'completed' ?
What I'm saying is that the referee on the day probably didn't think it was completed.

The danger with releasing too quick, is that the referee may think the BC wasn't held and lets him get back up. Why run the risk?

I haven't seen most of this weekends games, but I think I've seen the incident referred to on the news highlights.

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes

Didn't see any crawling - jut a good reach, if he had placed it that far backwards it would have been play on

i have to respectfully disagree Toby. If he merely reached out and placed what on earthe are his knes and lumbar region doing?

Very poor. if the TMO is merely going to rubber stamp on field lack of C&O then what is its point?

Because I cannot believe anybody watching that on 1st reviewing can honestly believe that is a "immediate placement".

didds

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
What I'm saying is that the referee on the day probably didn't think it was completed.

The danger with releasing too quick, is that the referee may think the BC wasn't held and lets him get back up. Why run the risk?
I know, Players run that risk because of their fear of getting the 'other risk', the YC.