Free Score Card for you!

Mr.Christopher

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
So... after posting that I was looking for a scorecard, and despite all the help (both from here and the web in general), I found that I really didn't like my options.

So, I created my own (on behalf of my union). I tool a scorecard that we're currently using, and added some ideas from various sources around the web.

Some nice features:

1 - Intended to print double-sided (fold at large black bar)
1a - 4 per page... so you can stretch your office supplies and get a whole season out of only a few pages of card stock (I recommend 110lb paper)
1b - When folded, will fit nicely in the outer pocket of the most commonly available ref wallet
2 - Write player number in the cell (under try), kicker number in cell under Convert, and then write "7" in the "points" column. Allows you to track not only who scored... but due keeping a running total, you'll never have to pause for quick math when someone asks you the score.
3 - Inside the card (once folded) you can track players off and on.... and if you YC/RC someone, you can not only record the number and time... but there is a handy list of sanctions in Law 10... so you remember who got carded for what.
4 - Track kickoff... and also use the "FR?" column to track front-row subs.
5 - Handy Rugby Quebec logo... feel free to change it if you want... but if you want to keep it there, just think of it as gear left over from when an out of town ref visits you.

So... here it is!
View attachment Ref Scorecard.xlsx

Let me know what you think!

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
can't open it?

medavidcook

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
So... after posting that I was looking for a scorecard, and despite all the help (both from here and the web in general), I found that I really didn't like my options.

So, I created my own (on behalf of my union). I tool a scorecard that we're currently using, and added some ideas from various sources around the web.

Some nice features:

1 - Intended to print double-sided (fold at large black bar)
1a - 4 per page... so you can stretch your office supplies and get a whole season out of only a few pages of card stock (I recommend 110lb paper)
1b - When folded, will fit nicely in the outer pocket of the most commonly available ref wallet
2 - Write player number in the cell (under try), kicker number in cell under Convert, and then write "7" in the "points" column. Allows you to track not only who scored... but due keeping a running total, you'll never have to pause for quick math when someone asks you the score.
3 - Inside the card (once folded) you can track players off and on.... and if you YC/RC someone, you can not only record the number and time... but there is a handy list of sanctions in Law 10... so you remember who got carded for what.
4 - Track kickoff... and also use the "FR?" column to track front-row subs.
5 - Handy Rugby Quebec logo... feel free to change it if you want... but if you want to keep it there, just think of it as gear left over from when an out of town ref visits you.

So... here it is!
View attachment 2991

Let me know what you think!

Can't open saying no privileges to view

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
On my sheet I write down the time of each score (expressed as number of minutes left, as displayed on my watch).

I find this useful in exceptional circumstances of resolving any discrepancies with my score and an observers, the timings of the scores give you the sequence of them.

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
It has a .php file extention rather than the .xls claimed - presumably the difficulty is getting it out of the RRF.com environment? I write as a techno-moron, of course

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
It works for me. It uses the new MS Office extension (.xlsx instead of the old .xls), so if you can't open it you might need this free download.

Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack

medavidcook

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
It worked for me after my privileges were set, must be a min post until it comes active.

Pegleg

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
Changed it a bit. Thanks for the template.