[Junior] Giving cards in U19 games?

menace

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
In Scotland, the default attitude of any 15 year-old boy is that he'll nut you, knife you and nick your wallet if you disrespect him in any way - particularly by carding him in front of his mates. At 16, they are beginning to exercise sufficient self-control to realise that this isn't always a smart move. In recognition of this maturity, they get to vote for the Nationalists.

That makes sense....I knew there was a logical and sensible reason for it. At least it's not because of CJ!:biggrin::biggrin:

Jenko

Referees in England
Post Likes
In RFU land also remember that if you do sin bin a player at ages u13 - u18 the following applies to the time in the bin!
RFU REGULATION 15 – AGE GRADE RUGBY Appendix 2 2
Sin Bin
If a player is temporarily suspended in an Age Grade match, the duration of
time in the Sin Bin shall be as set out below:

Effective from 1 August 2015 U13-U18

• U13 and U14 – 5 minutes
• U15 – 6 minutes
• U16, U17 and U18 – 7 minute

AntonyGoodman

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
It will be interesting to see if things change here next year when NRoP come into effect for U13 in England - Effectively 'mini's' rugby is being extended for a year, so will cards then be a U14 and up thing?

Antony

Pegleg

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
In Scotland, the default attitude of any 15 year-old boy is that he'll nut you, knife you and nick your wallet if you disrespect him in any way - particularly by carding him in front of his mates. At 16, they are beginning to exercise sufficient self-control to realise that this isn't always a smart move. In recognition of this maturity, they get to vote for the Nationalists.

Very poor post and insulting to many.

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
It will be interesting to see if things change here next year when NRoP come into effect for U13 in England - Effectively 'mini's' rugby is being extended for a year, so will cards then be a U14 and up thing?

Antony

Im not sure why they would be?

This age group in England will be at secondary school. there will be everyday expectations on those youths to organise themselves, be self starting and to understand and adhere to basic school rules with sanctions for their breach. I don't see why we woulnd't expect a year 9 student to follow similar tenets at a game of rugby.

didds

Rushforth

Referees in Holland
Post Likes
Don't ever read anything entitled "A Modest Proposal", is my suggestion.

Pegleg

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
Are you suggesting that Dixie's "humour" to be satire? I think not.

Pegleg

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
Fun police on the hunt again???

Why is finding an insulting post unfunny being "The Fun Police"? Perhaps we have different standards.

There is also a big difference between saying that I found it unfunny and denying Dixie the right to say / think it. That would be the action of the " police".

Freedom of speech and all that! Or does that only apply where we agree?

Last edited:

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
Are you suggesting that Dixie's "humour" to be satire? I think not.
I haven't got the smarts for satire. Anyway, satire is just a saltire with its chip removed - which is a pretty reasonable definition of Englishness.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I haven't got the smarts for satire. Anyway, satire is just a saltire with its chip removed - which is a pretty reasonable definition of Englishness.

see, that's clever. Is it original?

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
We can Tacitusly agree on that. There are Pliny of other things we can discuss

menace

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Oh stop...I find these puns against culture offensive!