Glos vs Irish

Dave Elliott

Administrator
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
2nd half. Irish drop pass back in to in goal. Glos player dives on it but ref call no try. Even after the long chat and video reply i cannot hear why.
Did anyone else hear the reason it was no try?

Balones

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
Briefly - LI player knocks-on. The ball hits a G player and is grounded possibly by an LI(9) player. No grounding by any G players. The ultimate decision in collaboration with the TMO was no clear grounding. In the process of diving the G player (No1) probably knocked it on before the possible grounding by LI (9). G1 may have grounded after everything else as far as I can see.

Last edited:

Dave Elliott

Administrator
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Briefly - LI player knocks-on. The ball hits a G player and is grounded possibly by an LI(9) player. No grounding by any G players. The ultimate decision in collaboration with the TMO was no clear grounding. In the process of diving the G player (No1) probably knocked it on before the possible grounding by LI (9). G1 may have grounded after everything else as far as I can see.
Nicely explained. Makes sense now. Thank you. Thought he was saying the g player was off side

Balones

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
Nicely explained. Makes sense now. Thank you. Thought he was saying the g player was off side
No, Adam and the TMO were wondering if the LI9 had touched the ball before the G1, (in which case he would have been offside) but he didn’t. G1 touched it first (possible knock-on) followed by LI9 who was on the floor. LI9 couldn’t be penalised for playing the ball on the floor because the ball was in goal.
It was confusing even for the match officials; hence the reason why it took so long to reach the final decision. Initially Adam immediately said ‘no try’ because he saw LI9 ground the ball.