Gloucester v Saracens

Balones

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
I find it interesting that it is often said (by OB… and others) that the laws are not written as a legal document because the law books would consist of several tomes if they were. But it seems to me the disciplinary process is conducted as if they were, with defence lawyers allowed to pick massive holes (which we know exist) in them. Perhaps they’ve been reading this forum?😀

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
I am reliably told that registered squads can actually be changed freely up until quite late date, just before RWC kicks off.

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
Ive said elsewhere but Ill repeat it here...

So WR are going to appeal a panel made up of WR appropved panelists, sitting under the jurisdiction of the 6N , who are themselves in this regard representatives of WR.

QED, WR is appealing its own decision. in effect

Lunatics, asylum.

And as my son opined earlier today to me...

"How can you take anything they say seriously"

tim White

Referees in England
Post Likes
If you don't want the wrong answer, don't ask the wrong questions. So WHAT question are they asking, and what answer would they like? (Whatever the actual facts that have been dissected by many, many others, they clearly want a 'guilty' verdict).

I am not comfortable with the 'yellow card' conclusion but I am looking forward to their arguments.

Mipper

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 10
I am reliably told that registered squads can actually be changed freely up until quite late date, just before RWC kicks off.
I believe that 30th August is the date on which the squads must be confirmed.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
I believe that 30th August is the date on which the squads must be confirmed.
I hear that even then they can be changed up to day of arrival in France ... Who knows if that's true or not

Camquin

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Wikipedia says by 1 September, but does not cite a source, or when on that day.