GLTs and 7s

smeagol

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Last weekend, I refereed at a 7s tournament where the GLTs were in full force.

During the tournament, word went out (on a FB page, if memory serves) from the NGB that 7s events are *not* to use the GLTs.

Is there something in writing from WR about this, or is this just the US of A marching to the beat of its' own drum for the umpteenth time?

Stu10

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
"The following global law trials apply to competitions beginning on or after 1st August 2021."

I can't see anything in the WR sevens variations that indicates GLT are not to be used.

chbg

Referees in England
Solutions
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Here:

What follows Order, Counter-order?

Attachments

• 20210910-Global Law Trials-7s.jpg
    20210910-Global Law Trials-7s.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 22

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
so its two GLTs that dont apply, but the approach in the OP was that all GLTs were not in force then.

oops.

Stu10

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
Here:

What follows Order, Counter-order?
How do they expect all refs to keep up with all these different avenues of communication?!?!?!? It would make so much more sense to add this to the GLT or Sevens Variations page on the WR website.

smeagol

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
How do they expect all refs to keep up with all these different avenues of communication?!?!?!? It would make so much more sense to add this to the GLT or Sevens Variations page on the WR website.

Apologies for not being more clear, the communication I saw secondhand (I am not on FB) specifically referred to the GLDO and 50:22.

I looked all over the law website and app, and found nothing about those two trials not applying to 7s.

chbg

Referees in England
Solutions
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
so its two GLTs that dont apply, but the approach in the OP was that all GLTs were not in force then.

oops.
For most people, the GLTs are those two. The others were safety-orientated weren't they? I'm certain that I could not now name them all.