Grab tackle involving legs

Rushforth

Referees in Holland
Post Likes
Thus, somewhat ironically, validating Pegleg's premise

Not really.

I will happily take advice wherever I can get good advice.

SimonSmith, give Pegleg a big "high five" for "liking" your post. Since I cannot ignore you (admin), bye.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me, or disagreeing with me. :biggrin:

That doesn't matter. But I'm always wary of comments such as "I'm struggling to understand why this thread has gone on so far." and "It's blatantly ... " and "end of story." And my favorite - "simples" when it is anything but.

Taff

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
That doesn't matter. But I'm always wary of comments such as "I'm struggling to understand why this thread has gone on so far." and "It's blatantly ... " and "end of story." And my favorite - "simples" when it is anything but.
In fairness, I don't think I have ever used "Simples" but sometimes things just are blatantly dangerous.

One would be bad enough, but this contravenes at least 2 Foul Play laws.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
In fairness, I don't think I have ever used "Simples" but sometimes things just are blatantly dangerous.

One would be bad enough, but this contravenes at least 2 Foul Play laws.

I included "simples" as a pet hate. It's like when a politician says "the reality is ..." you know that some bullshit is about to come.

And it can't be all that blatant if the the thread has generated 64 posts. Certainly not blatant to me.

But my point is: posters who imply "you people who don't agree with me must be blind, stupid, or both" do themeselves a disservice. It is better to convince with coherent argument (like I always do :))

Pegleg

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
I included "simples" as a pet hate. It's like when a politician says "the reality is ..." you know that some bullshit is about to come.

And it can't be all that blatant if the the thread has generated 64 posts. Certainly not blatant to me.

But my point is: posters who imply "you people who don't agree with me must be blind, stupid, or both" do themeselves a disservice. It is better to convince with coherent argument (like I always do :))

Agreed, although I do like "simples" for humour only. When reffing things are rarely "simples".

It's a bit like when a salesperson / marketing bod says "to be honest", you just know that they are going to be anything but honest.

It did not read like hyperbole, to make a point to me. It read like arogance. I note that the Rushforth did not claim it to be in either!

Last edited:

Taff

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
.. .. But my point is: posters who imply "you people who don't agree with me must be blind, stupid, or both" do themeselves a disservice. It is better to convince with coherent argument (like I always do :))
My argument would be "Look at his foot. It's pointing in the wrong direction. I consider that dangerous play"

Tackles like the one in the OP are rarely going to end well. The only question I would have is whether it was deliberate.

Last edited: