Hislop RC rescinded

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Yes, of course. Did you read my post ?

my question is why is the HCP written like that ? Why should being "passive" allow you to escape RC?
Because, I have said before, they want The Product back on the field as soon as possible.

It isn't about the head contact. If it was about the head contact, there would be zero tolerance - hit the head, off you go, unless the BC dropped their head into the contact.

If I were bloody minded, I would make the case that passive tackles resulting head contact should be sanctioned worse. There's no active forward motion to cause (eg) loss of balance, inability to cope with the BC is doing. Instead, you're perfectly balanced and in control of your every movement. All that AND you still managed to hit the head? Offski....

As I said, it's not about the head contact.

Stu10

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
Because, I have said before, they want The Product back on the field as soon as possible.

It isn't about the head contact. If it was about the head contact, there would be zero tolerance - hit the head, off you go, unless the BC dropped their head into the contact.

If I were bloody minded, I would make the case that passive tackles resulting head contact should be sanctioned worse. There's no active forward motion to cause (eg) loss of balance, inability to cope with the BC is doing. Instead, you're perfectly balanced and in control of your every movement. All that AND you still managed to hit the head? Offski....

As I said, it's not about the head contact.
I've not seen the clip (not working for me right now), but generally a passive tackle happens when the defender isn't expecting to make a tackle and/or doesn't have time to change height. In these instances I feel a RC is typically harsh.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
I've not seen the clip (not working for me right now), but generally a passive tackle happens when the defender isn't expecting to make a tackle and/or doesn't have time to change height. In these instances I feel a RC is typically harsh.
In this incident I am sure he was making a tackle