I just awarded my first RC

RugbyFish

Referees in Germany
Post Likes
35 th minute in my 4th senior match. The match is messy and physical.

Number 8 red is offside and tackles numer 10 blue high and late. Afterwards he pushes him to the ground and shouts something. I give him a YC and he walks off.

When he reaches the sideline, he shouts across the pitch : "You f*** c***, I will show you how to play rugby" at which point I give him a RC."

Now I'm about to write the report and not sure which law to state - and if the RC was legitimate?

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Do you have a society disciplinary officer? If so, ask him. He will know the required format etc

Was he shouting at you or the other player? If at you, the RC was virtually mandatory. If at the other player, probably worth a second YC = RC under 10.4 (m).

RugbyFish

Referees in Germany
Post Likes
Do you have a society disciplinary officer? If so, ask him. He will know the required format etc

Was he shouting at you or the other player? If at you, the RC was virtually mandatory. If at the other player, probably worth a second YC = RC under 10.4 (m).

Thank you - he was shouting at other player. I meant the RC to be a second YC - but didn't make that clear. Do I have to make that clear or show YC-RC (soccer style)?

FlipFlop

Referees in Switzerland
Post Likes
Yes - if second YC, show it and then the RC.

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
You need to give details of both YCs in your report, of course.

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
35 th minute in my 4th senior match. The match is messy and physical.

Number 8 red is offside and tackles numer 10 blue high and late. Afterwards he pushes him to the ground and shouts something. I give him a YC and he walks off.

When he reaches the sideline, he shouts across the pitch : "You f*** c***, I will show you how to play rugby" at which point I give him a RC."

Now I'm about to write the report and not sure which law to state - and if the RC was legitimate?
:clap::clap:
Second one just for being k@"b/ spirit of the law... Sorry if I'm mistaken guys.

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Not necesarily mistaken - just wholly unclear.
(m) Acts contrary to good sportsmanship. A player must not do anything that is against the spirit of good sportsmanship in the playing enclosure.
I think it would come under this one.

kielikili

Referees in Ireland
Post Likes
Hi Rugbyfish,

I am also in Germany and regrettably have some experience of filling out the red-card reports. Just drop me a PN if you need any advice or if you have any questions.