Innovation?

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
so many leggings !

It is imaginative -- but the throw isn't straight!

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Goggles!!!!!! and they don't look like the IRB ones.

FlipFlop

Referees in Switzerland
Post Likes
reminds me of a "Snow White" call we used to have - we all dropped to our knees to be the 7 dwarves, then the ball came in low.....

ChrisR

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Blue could use a little tackling practice. Pathetic.

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
Can the RFU actually be charged by the RFU for promoting ' matters prejudicial to the good of the game' ??:wtf:

Watch as the inevitable escalation will now follow, as the ' ice bucket oneupmanship' mentality kicks into full force as result of the highlighting of this daftness.

:nono: RFU.

PS.. At that age grade i'd retake the throw with a warning that its disrespectful, and unwanted on a rugby pitch.

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
reminds me of a "Snow White" call we used to have - we all dropped to our knees to be the 7 dwarves, then the ball came in low.....

:nono:

[LAWS][FONT=fs_blakeregular](h)
[/FONT]
[FONT=fs_blakeregular]Where the lineout players must stand. [/FONT][FONT=fs_blakeregular]The front of the lineout is not less than 5 metres from the touchline. The back of the lineout is not more than 15 metres from the touchline. All lineout players must stand between these two points.[/FONT][/LAWS]

PK !

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
When I was in the USA, an English touring team had a "dead ants" call. When the holder of the Pink Elephaht (containing the drinking fund)called it, everybody had to drop to the ground and wave all four limbs in the air. He called it once when the opposition was about to throw in at a lineout, and they were so taken aback that they just stopped to wonder what was going on instead of taking the free gift.

talbazar

Referees in Singapore
Post Likes
When I was in the USA, an English touring team had a "dead ants" call. When the holder of the Pink Elephaht (containing the drinking fund)called it, everybody had to drop to the ground and wave all four limbs in the air. He called it once when the opposition was about to throw in at a lineout, and they were so taken aback that they just stopped to wonder what was going on instead of taking the free gift.

I've seen that in my last 10's tournament... At kick off.
The opposing team played it well, very sportsman like:
- Kick off, ball in the air
- defending team drops on dead ants
- ball goes 10
- attacking team pick up the ball, stops for a while and attemps a drop goal from 40m, close to the touch line.
- missed, restart with 22

A good laugh for everyone :biggrin:

Original Post: not strait...

Pierre.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2

aka "short lineout"

The Fat

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Is a low throw to the front man ever straight?��
9 out of 10 are exactly as in the OP video and nearly always allowed at all levels

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
I'm not convinced that such throws are mainly caught beside the downfield shoulder though!

didds

chbg

Referees in England
Solutions
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Is a low throw to the front man ever straight?��
9 out of 10 are exactly as in the OP video and nearly always allowed at all levels

Psychologically it seems to be very hard not to throw it directly to the torso of the man you want to catch it. But yes, it is material .. if clearly seen.

4eyesbetter

Referees in England
Post Likes
"Time off. Your lads all appear to be injured. Possibly with concussion, if they're collapsing like that. Sideline and get them assessed."