Jonathan Kaplan on Super Rugby referees.

The Fat

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
I wonder if he has personally asked CJ exactly what he saw in that last PK against RMc just in case there was something that we didn't or couldn't see from the video? I would have thought he would have before publicly criticising CJ's decision.

The Nadolo try was interesting. I thought he was in touch but if you look closely at the replay, there is a shadow which prevents the viewer from being certain his foot touched the line. That is the basis on which I believe the TMO awarded the try and why I had no problem with his call at the time.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
If you own a website called "Rate The Ref" you can hardly go round saying all the ref's are 100%

I hate it when ref's (from any sport) retire and then instantly start criticising their former colleagues. Very easy to do now that they cant be rated themselves.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Stuart Cummings was Director of Match Officials for RL. He left in the Spring and now punditises/co commentates on Sky. He never says anything contraversial and is always guarded in his comments to avoid downright criticism of his former charges.

He will either loosen up and start getting fired into Silverwood and co (unlikely), keep with his no-nonsense, non contaversial approach (very likely) or get the push as correct though his comments generally are, they don't make for good telly (semi likely) unfortunatley.

Toby Warren

Referees in England
Post Likes
If you own a website called "Rate The Ref" you can hardly go round saying all the ref's are 100%

I hate it when ref's (from any sport) retire and then instantly start criticising their former colleagues. Very easy to do now that they cant be rated themselves.

But they can't do when they're reffing. I think handled correctly and constructively there's a role for the ex ref to input. If it's a slag off session agree very limited value.

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
Media loves ( & pays well ) the controversially opinioned journos. I'm sure JK's match decisions were always universally agreed with!