Karmichael Hunt

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Hawd on a wee sec. 6 weeks?

Wonder how Matt Stevens is feeling right now?

The Fat

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
$2500 court fine & no conviction recorded.
ARU then imposed $30k fine and 6 week ban.

menace

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
So it wasn't a drug ring afterall? Just a one-off snort party with a sanction like that. :wtf:
Yep - he'll learn his lesson from that. :sarc::sarc::sarc::wtf:

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I can't see WADA going along with only 6 weeks!

The Fat

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
I can't see WADA going along with only 6 weeks!

Time of offence would be important in this case?
If his season in AFL was over and out of contract and not yet signed by rugby, would he be considered not to come under the WADA umbrella?
Does his contract with AFL end with his final game of the season or would it have a specific date i.e. The day of the AFL grand final?

chrismtl

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Time of offence would be important in this case?
If his season in AFL was over and out of contract and not yet signed by rugby, would he be considered not to come under the WADA umbrella?
Does his contract with AFL end with his final game of the season or would it have a specific date i.e. The day of the AFL grand final?

Most drugs stay in your system and will be detected if you're tested in the 3 months following the use of said drugs (or so we were told at our mandatory varsity drug info session). So even if he was out of contract, I wouldn't be surprised if he got a "random" drug test in the next week or 2 now that he is on contract.

The Fat

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Most drugs stay in your system and will be detected if you're tested in the 3 months following the use of said drugs (or so we were told at our mandatory varsity drug info session). So even if he was out of contract, I wouldn't be surprised if he got a "random" drug test in the next week or 2 now that he is on contract.

Pretty sure he will be at the front of the line whenever ASADA turn up to test the Reds players during the season

winchesterref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade

I believe cocaine is a quick flusher. Metabolites in the blood 24-48 hours, urine around 5 days and can be longer in frequent/heavy users, not 3 months. I looked it up after Matt Stevens, so if you're an infrequent user you can pretty much get away with it most of the time, unless you're unluckily tested in the few days after.

winchesterref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Although actually I remember something to do with hair follicles being longer - do these get tested?