Kick off not 10?

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Kicking team at next breakdown were like,"sir, that never went 10m it should of been options to the other team!" I replied with, "I played my option of advantage to the oppostion and he was well within his rights to play on!"

As other have pointed out, it's not an advantage situation. It's a "Play On" situation.

[LAWS]13.6 Kick-off of under 10 metres but played by an opponent
If the ball does not reach the opponent’s 10-metre line but is first played by an opponent, play continues.[/LAWS]

matty1194

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
With such English, viz. lack of auxiliary verb, I assume they were infantry squaddies?

Actualy Im in the Infantry and have been for 15 years and have no clue what an auxillary verb is and I make no apologies if my grammar is not up to the level of other members of the forum, but im sure at my school we didnt worry to much about grammar as we most of the people couldnt even speak a decent level of english never mind write it.

And in reply to the other comments I know its not an advantage situation, i wrote quickly with out thinking after a long day on my feet.

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Take not offence - you're only 230 posts in. There is a Grammar Police squad on the site (and I admit I'm one of them, occasionally).

Just be grateful it wasn't a Navy guy picking you up on it!

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
i wrote quickly with out thinking after a long day on my feet.

That's the infantry for you!
Should have joined the Navy :wink:

Stuartg

Referees in England
Post Likes
Actualy Im in the Infantry and have been for 15 years and have no clue what an auxillary verb is and I make no apologies if my grammar is not up to the level of other members of the forum, but im sure at my school we didnt worry to much about grammar as we most of the people couldnt even speak a decent level of english never mind write it.

And in reply to the other comments I know its not an advantage situation, i wrote quickly with out thinking after a long day on my feet.

I had assumed you were quoting verbatim what had been said to you, warts and all, on the pitch.

matty1194

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Take not offence - you're only 230 posts in. There is a Grammar Police squad on the site (and I admit I'm one of them, occasionally).

Just be grateful it wasn't a Navy guy picking you up on it!

To be honest I have noticed the grammar police on here are a rergular occurence, and i take no interest in them, a vast majority of members of the site may not have a great grasp of english or have english as a first language so they wont have a clue on verbs etc and I spent all my life in an english school but still dont have a clue myself!

That's the infantry for you!
Should have joined the Navy :wink:

No thanks mate lol

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
To be honest I have noticed the grammar police on here are a rergular occurence, and i take no interest in them, a vast majority of members of the site may not have a great grasp of english or have english as a first language so they wont have a clue on verbs etc and I spent all my life in an english school but still dont have a clue myself!

You did that on purpose didn't you?
You naughty Pongo :nono:

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
Catching the ball and then landing past the 10 has no bearing. Unlike the touch line, 22, goal line and dead ball line the 10m line is not a line where there is a change of "zones".

It is a reference line for the referee to determine how far the ball traveled, similar to the 5 & 15m from touch.

In fact its not supposed to be a continuous line at all, its supposed to be a distance indicator ( Law 1 shows a dashed line) - pitch markering groundstaff often get this wrong , and don't mark out a 'broken' line.