L.O.receiver

wrighty

ELRA/Club Referee
Post Likes
Is it mandatory to have a player in receiver position ? Laws make it clear that it is mandatory to have player in 5m channel,but not the receiver,law 19.8 i states where the receiver must stand,but doesnt say there must be one there,law 19.8 j makes it clear that team not throwing in must have a player in the 5m channel.

Rushforth

Referees in Holland
Post Likes
No it isn't, you have it right (to the best of my knowledge). Oppo Hooker has to be there (2m + 2m)

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
No it isn't, you have it right (to the best of my knowledge). Oppo Hooker has to be there (2m + 2m)
but the receiver does not. Rushforth didn't quite say it, though he clearly meant it.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
funny one the other week. Throwing team have a regular 7 man lineout but opponents (God knows why) had their 7 plus the SH in the lineout making 8 in total.

Peep - numbers.

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
Is it mandatory to have a player in receiver position ? Laws make it clear that it is mandatory to have player in 5m channel,but not the receiver,law 19.8 i states where the receiver must stand,but doesnt say there must be one there,law 19.8 j makes it clear that team not throwing in must have a player in the 5m channel.

[LAWS][FONT=fs_blakeregular](i)
[/FONT]
[FONT=fs_blakeregular]Where the receiver must stand. [/FONT][FONT=fs_blakeregular]If a team uses a receiver,[/FONT][FONT=fs_blakeregular] then that player, must be positioned at least 2m back from team mates in the lineout, and between the 5m and 15m lines, until the lineout begins.[/FONT][/LAWS]

The fact that Law says "if" , indicates such a position is optional not mandatory.

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
funny one the other week. Throwing team have a regular 7 man lineout but opponents (god knows why) had their 7 plus the SH in the lineout making 8 in total.

Peep - numbers.

Gotcha!!

Maybe he's probably the only one light enough to be lifted ????