Law 22.8

bellnier

Post Likes
Does law 22.8 include penalty kicks for touch? I was AR at game today and white attempted to reach touch with PK, but ball went over goal line into touch-in goal. Center ref did not offer a scrum to black, only a dropout. Confused.

The Fat

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Does law 22.8 include penalty kicks for touch? I was AR at game today and white attempted to reach touch with PK, but ball went over goal line into touch-in goal. Center ref did not offer a scrum to black, only a dropout. Confused.

Ref should have offered 22 or scrum back where PK was taken

I had a slightly different one in my game yesterday when a PK to touch went into in-goal and just as the ball was heading out over the touch-in-goal line, the defending 15 catches the ball. His mates are groaning and yelling at him to dot it down. He suddenly realises that he should have just let the ball go (he would have got the 22/scrum back options), and then to make his decision really bite him on the bum, he drops the ball forward as he goes to dot it down. Knock-on. 5m attacking scrum. Doh!!!

Last edited:

bellnier

Post Likes
Thanks, just as I thought. It was close to 90 degrees in the blazing sun and near the end of the game. I'll chalk it up to a brain cramp, but will be sure to bring it up over a cold one.