Leggings

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
I think Pinky is..

I am sure he can defend himself, but no one suggested an underwear inspection.

Couldn't resist resurrecting the thread for this one:

Player (I was ref coach not ref) appeared to be wearing padded undershorts. Skins type things that appeared to have 10-15mm of padding. I mentioned this to his coach after the game who said who was it? Some of the boys said that this boy played wearing his pyjammas, presumably rolled or folded up above the knee and under his skins undershorts. Coach was going to talk to him about this, but what do you guys think?

Paule23

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Boys was school boys - first 15 for a private school near Edinburgh. Coach is a school master, so has all appropriate authority in these matter. You cannot just go by visible risk as a few years ago a young lady was killed when her underwiring became dislodged and ultimately stabbed her in the heart. So I generally remind players that jewellery, piercings etc have all to be removed - covered by tape is not sufficient and ask for confirmation that there are no fastenings of any garments that may pose a risk.

Killed by a bra? Really? Evidence?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pinky

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Thanks Phil. Of course I was referring to refereeing ladies team in the consideration of bras. Nor was I suggesting an inspection of underwear. Now sharing the showers after the game is another matter entirely. But some folks on here have started to read things far too literally for their own good.

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Nice to see my favourite topic still has (uncovere) legs

ianh5979

Referees in England
Post Likes
Had Under 18 prop with them on yesterday, removed on request

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
wow - over 3.5 years since the previous post :)

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
how many to go now?

ah... 1262 needed...

though that other thread is a bit of an ongoing one... so will change again when rugby starts up again

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
Nah, it’s in the Forum: Archive
[LAWS]Old Thread Storage - You may browse, but cannot post.[/LAWS]
:wink: As the Bard once put it;
Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.
It’s our destiny, lads. Although perhaps for form we might try to be on topic when we set the new record. :pepper: Personally, I see nothing wrong with leggings, but then I mostly only reff’d mini/midi/maxi rugby. It will be a cruel test of our ability to remain on-topic for 4 whole posts.

Last edited:

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
The mods may close the thread just before we cross the threshold. I hope they are away from their desks.

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
You’re doing very well staying on topic NKW. Well almost, only not quite.
I ask you, Where’s the real Kurt Weaver when you need him?
The RKW said:
Today is my last day with USA Rugby.

Although,if he is no longer part of USA Rugby, then I guess you will need to step up to the plate.

Last edited: