Leggings

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
Although,if he is no longer part of USA Rugby, then I guess you will need to step up to the plate.

I lack, not only the wherewithal, but the desire to deal with futility and pipe dreams associated with rugby. And also associated with USA rugby.
You’re doing very well staying on topic NKW. Well almost, only not quite.
I ask you, Where’s the real Kurt Weaver when you need him?

Last time I saw RKW, I begged him for a free ticket to reenter a venue. I think it was Ohio HS Championships at Crew Stadium.
I consider him a friend or past acquaintance. I chose the moniker,NKW, only to spite him friendily after I questioned a call he made against my team. I had no idea that it would also benefit me to remain anonymous. I do, mostly intentionally, post some bizarre stuff.

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
We are narrowed the search down to Pickerington. Your anonymous status may not last for ever.

Last edited:

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
We are narrowed the search down to Pickerington. Your anonymous status may not last for ever.

I think I've actually written my actual name in some PM. Check the ones I sent you recently.

My trips to Pickerington have been uneventful. They have fantastic youth sports teams. I've only had one victory, and that was in 4th grade basketball against a C team. I was coaching a B team, and I probably cheated

Last edited:

L'irlandais

Post Likes
Unfortunately, my inbox was full at some point and So I emptied it. We will be broadening the seach area to a 45-minute drive around Pickerington Village, staking out the Farmer’s market was becoming mind bogglingly boring anyways.

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
The RKW got fired, I'm sorry, let go, by USA R.

He was partially responsible for our "partnership" with EY.

L'irlandais

Post Likes
Surely a sponsorship deal with Ernst & Young Global Limited was a good thing?
Was his being let go in someway related to this sponsorship deal?

EY is the Official Principal Partner of USA Rugby, supporting USA Rugby on digital and technological transformations, innovating and growing the game in the United States.

[LAWS]EY has established itself globally as long-standing supporters of rugby, through previous collaborations with the Rugby World Cup 2015, the British & Irish Lions 2017, the Women’s Rugby World Cup 2017, and most recently, as the Official Professional Services Supplier of Rugby World Cup 2019.[/LAWS]

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
We got the EY interns.
Their work on the strategic plan was...well, if I'd turned that in at work, my boss would have hanged me.

He was let go in a wave of redundancies due to USA Rugby going bankrupt, something that EY had neglected to consider as a possibility in their Strat Plan, despite some of us warning about it for a while.

L'irlandais

Post Likes
Well, though the RFU isn’t in danger of bankruptcy, 139 redundancies is still a huge amount. Especially when you consider it’s not all that since they laid off over 64 staff at HQ.
Melville, who already has his hands full as the RFU’s director of professional rugby, spent a decade at the helm of USA Rugby before returning to the UK in 2016 to take on his present role.
Begs the question how many remain after those two culls?
The RFU employs approximately 600 paid staff, apparently.

Last edited:

thepercy

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 1

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Ah yes. Nigel Melville.

**** of a CEO. Who skipped town as soon as he realized the turkey(s) he'd spent money on.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8

Jarrod Burton

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
What about Jeggings? If I can't wear a set of ball crushers I don't want to ref any more