LeicesterV Racing

Pegleg

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
I bet Nigel feels relieved that the "knock on" did not cost Racing.

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Can't believe the AR missed it

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I bet Nigel feels relieved that the "knock on" did not cost Racing.

He missed the knock on, fair enough, you can't see everything; I thought it was a knock on too until I saw the replay.

His mistake was, not letting it play out to allow the try to be scored, and then going back to check with the TMO

The Fat

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
He missed the knock on, fair enough, you can't see everything; I thought it was a knock on too until I saw the replay.

His mistake was, not letting it play out to allow the try to be scored, and then going back to check with the TMO

Agree.
Something that Mike Fraser does well.
Only problem in NO's case was he was SURE it was a knock on. Had he any doubt I'm pretty sure he would have checked after the try. The commentators were so sure it was a knock on, they were calling for a YC for deliberate.
Haven't watched it other than live this morning, so not sure of AR's positioning at the time.

Pegleg

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
Agree.
Something that Mike Fraser does well.
Only problem in NO's case was he was SURE it was a knock on. Had he any doubt I'm pretty sure he would have checked after the try.

Therein lies the problem. If you are sure it has been knocked on why would you wait? Normally Nigel is good at using the TMO on the hoof. ust one of those things that could have ended up critical, but thankfully did not.

The commentators were so sure it was a knock on, they were calling for a YC for deliberate.

Yes and quite stupid from them. Had he caught it he had a clear try chance. No way he would deliberately knock on there. DillyDildo giving his tosh about not using two hands. Fool!