Lesson learned for Matt?

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Do we have any idea what other circumstances might have been taekn into account? If not, how can we make any sensible judgement?

Wert Twacky

Referees in England
Post Likes
I have a copy of the full judgement from the RFU and if anyone would like a copy, I can forward the email.

And before anyone says anything - it's in the public domain and, in my day job, I am (allegedly) privvy to getting these advisories.

It does make fasinating reading but is too long to post and I#m not techy enough to know how to post a link.

The three were charged with conduct predudicial to the interets of the game of rugby union in that on two occasions they failed to take drugs tests.

The RFU criticised the legal advise given to the three and backed Bath in that the club was perfectly entitiled to request the tests, depsite being out of competition.

The RFU also said it felt that the reason the three refused to take the test was becuase they (the players) believed their was a risk of a positive test.

The ban was originally for 15 months, reduced to 9.

Charges relating to indegestion of drugs were dropped. The three also failed to impress under cross examination by the prosecution. They were the only defence witnesses.

As I said, it's all in the judgement if you want to read.

Wert Twacky

Referees in England
Post Likes
I have it on an email from the RFU and am sure, like with the Justin Harrison case, that it will appear on the RFU website in due course.