Liam Williams' ctions around 15:53 (game time) in Italy Vs Wales game

Balones

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
I assume you mean when he takes out the Italian defender after he has passed the ball? Yes - naughty.

Marc Wakeham

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Yes very sly and quite deliberate / cynical. The lad has serious issues that make him a disciplinary liability.

Can anybody post a link to the game that does work. I can't seem to do it.

Marc Wakeham

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Really? He turns and delibertely stretches his leg out to trip him. If it was a collision it would have been very different.

Thanks for the video by the way.

Last edited:

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Deliberate action, although doubtful the blue player would have been able to get to the ball carrier.

Severe telling off at the very least.

belladonna

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Naughty, yes. "Accidentally on purpose."

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
agree with the deliberate action thing. No immediate materiality as the italian had no chance of getting close to the ball receiver anyway. In which case its a pointless thing to do.

Not really sure whether it was worth blowing for - but then again if nothing is done about incidents like these they'll just continue. I bet theyd have stopped the game if the defender had got back up and twatted him. two wrongs dont make a right of course...

didds

Marc Wakeham

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
It's foul play. No material effect is applicable. Play "advantage" by all means. I'm guessing the incident was missed "live" by the To3+1. Probably a YC so nothing for the CC.

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
yup. Id go with that Marc. I was being a bit tongue in cheek with the materiality angle ;-) Obvs there is no advantage to otaly as the "injured party" so its an immediate PK blow at place of infringement.