Luke Pearce = Very impressive

TigerCraig

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Calm, good natured, talks through things sensibly and best of all uses the TMO for assistance not direction

Really really good. I liked "OK, OK I don't need 13 voices"

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
I once attended a seminar run by Chris White where Luke Pearce spoke about the process of rising through the ranks - I think he was Level 4 by then. He was the only one of several speakers who used PowerPoint correctly. Too many put up a slide and then started reading it. He used slides with topic points and discussed the topics, taking questions.

I have always liked his style. Clear and concise.

TigerCraig

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
I once attended a seminar run by Chris White where Luke Pearce spoke about the process of rising through the ranks - I think he was Level 4 by then. He was the only one of several speakers who used PowerPoint correctly. Too many put up a slide and then started reading it. He used slides with topic points and discussed the topics, taking questions.

I have always liked his style. Clear and concise.

Haha I knew I liked him. That's my pet hate of presenters. If you are going to just read slides, email them to me and I'll read them myself in my own time.

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Highly impressive last night, as he usually is.

He has mastered the art of letting the captains know that they have been heard without allowing it to become a bitchfest or interfere with the decision making.

I haven't seen WB for a while, but he and Pearce both manage the TMO process very well.