Match report tone

Pegleg

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
Interested in your thoughts about this match report. Not worried about the comments about me.The players 2ere happy that I missed little all the nonsense of blind side stuff and I varied my position expecting issues.

I'm more concerned at the public attack on their visitors who were a young outfit (many still youth boys) far removed from the side of two years previously. There were no cards though a "final warning" was given to Red.

I was complemented on my handling of the game by players, supporters and committee after the game. The Fixture Secretary did not speak to me. I've put red and blue, deleted name (to initials) and change the name of the cup to annomize the report. The rest is as written.

RED Haven't Learnt A Thing!

by Fixture Secretary
Schoolteacher JJ Top Of The Class With 8/8
Two seasons ago Our 3rds won their first Blah cup against Red 2nds in the 'Battle Of Spion Kop,' for which Red were subsequently banned from entering, due to their conduct.

Moving on and with lot's of different players in the opposition xv,thing's haven't changed-cheap shots,late tackles and foul play were in evidence for much of the game at a sun drenched hospital pitch,where the referee was very much at fault for failing to control the game.

To Our credit,our discipline was superb,failing to react to all the going's on.
Some of the rugby was out of the top drawer,with outstanding lineout work from jb,ar and g,who was outstanding on the charge. A capped a fine performance in the back row,with a hat-trick of tries.
J.J. playing at outside half had his kicking boots on converting all 8 tries and g at outside centre was unstoppable with some great runs.
It was a pity Red didn't stick to playing rugby,as they had a couple of good player's,but fortunately the experience and rugby nous of Blue won the day.

Last edited:

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
The tone does not fit the core values of rugby. If that was on a website, then only the club members are likely to read it (and the referee...) but it makes the club look bad to outsiders.

Pinky

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Also is far from the professional standards expected (required) of a teacher!

Pegleg

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
I think the school teacher is JJ and a player not the author. With his English I certainly hope he is not a teacher.

Pegleg

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
I tend to worry about the backlash in the return fixture. I'd not like to be the man in the middle for that one.

Pegleg

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
Match report now amended.