Mental fitness training using flash cards

Agustin

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
A referee in my area suggested to me that a good way to improve mental fitness is to have a stack of flash cards with questions and answers, and in between shuttle runs, grab a card and try to answer the question on it as quickly as possible.

So, does anyone know of a place (preferably in cyber-space) where I can get rugby laws flash cards? I'm imagining ones with simple questions of law, just something to get the brain working when the body is tired.

Simon Griffiths

Referees in England
Post Likes
Agustin - that's an idea. I don't know of any, but if you give me a week I'll use some LRL questions and make some up that you'll be able to download.

Mike Whittaker

Referees in England
Post Likes
Sounds like a good way to add a bit of interest to a training session.

However, does answering questions quickly when you are tired really improve mental fitness, whatever that means?

They say that answering questions with electrodes attached in carefully selected places also focuses the concentration, should the running up and down not work...

SONA

Referees in America
Post Likes
simonjgriffithshr said:
Agustin - that's an idea. I don't know of any, but if you give me a week I'll use some LRL questions and make some up that you'll be able to download.
Sounds like a good marketing idea. Have them printed on waterproof stock and sell them.

ex-lucy

Referees in England
Post Likes
i suggested this to the guy running the fitness tests for the central fed guys ... they were running round a triangle ... jogging .. .sprinting .. walking etc .. i said "that's too easy ... what you need is a white board at each point in the triangle with a question/ scenario on it and at some point in the test the ref has to answer."
after all, a fitness test ..umm, tests how fit you are .. not how fit you are to referee which is different .. mental fitness in the 99th minute of a cup match is different from being able to jog round a triangle.
but ... they didnt agree