Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
From the Hooper Cited Aus vs Arg

thread:

5 HOURS AGO

Ian Cook said:
I have closed this thread to prevent further discussion.

2 HOURS AGO

Dickie E said:
Jarod/Menace, I have shared your posts & thoughts with the moderator group. I'll keep you updated if anything relevant develops.

6 MINUTES AGO

Dickie E said:
Hooper clear to play Bledisloe Cup:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-0...missed/6666738

and if you think Hooper playing club rugby was a sham:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1227466203666

So how come some can continue to post about the subject but not others? Either a thread is open or it is closed. It can't be open to moderators only. Yes Mods have the right (duty) to close threads and put a comment as to why. But they should not be allowed to abuse their position to have the last word.

leaguerefaus

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Better close every thread, and even the whole website down, or there may be some "further discussion". How dangerous.

Pegleg

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
Just sillly. There comes a point where Moderators will feel that a thread has run its course. That is a judgement call they must make. We, as ordinary posters, will not always agree with their call.

My point is that If they close thread then they should not be allowing anyone to post further otherwise it become selective censorship and that is wrong.

Either a thread is close = no further posts. Or not = further posts allowed. One or the other.

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Just sillly. There comes a point where Moderators will feel that a thread has run its course. That is a judgement call they must make. We, as ordinary posters, will not always agree with their call.

My point is that If they close thread then they should not be allowing anyone to post further otherwise it become selective censorship and that is wrong.

Either a thread is close = no further posts. Or not = further posts allowed. One or the other.

your valid points have already been raised and discussed in the Mods group.